Senior and Principal IT Auditors – Full/Part Time Opportunities in Public Sector
Senior and Principal IT Auditors – Full/Part Time opportunities
Salford Internal Audit Services based within Salford City Council, provide a high quality IT Audit service for councils across Greater Manchester, Cheshire and Merseyside; other clients include the Police, Transport Executive and the Housing Sector.
Exciting opportunities have arisen for Senior and Principal IT Auditors to join our well-established and expanding team. We are looking for enthusiastic and experienced individuals with strong technical, analytical, negotiating and influencing skills to provide a professional service to our clients. Travel will be predominantly across the North West.
Our IT audits vary across clients and we are seeking candidates with the depth of skills and flexibility that can undertake a mixture of infrastructure IT audits, application audits, information security, PCI DSS Compliance and project audit work.
- Practical audit experience in risk and control based auditing desirable
- CISA/CISM/QICA or equivalent desirable
- A good understanding of the legislative and regulatory requirements for Public Sector IT auditing
- A good understanding of relevant standards for Information Security and IT Service Management (e.g.ISO27001 and ITIL)
- Knowledge of Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards (PCI DSS)
- Confident communicator, able to converse with technical and non-technical personnel
- Analytical, problem solver and able to recommend practical solutions
- An effective team member and able to work on your own initiative for end to end assignments
- Excellent time management skills
What we can provide
- Fantastic career opportunity within IT Auditing
- Excellent work life balance
- Career based competitive salary, based on qualifications, experience and knowledge
- Good staff benefits, such as green lease car scheme, cycle-2-work and various salary sacrifice schemes