Stress Testing Economist
We're looking for a StressTesting Economist in Birmingham
- Join our small Enterprise Wide Risk Management team responsible for developing the scenarios we use for both internal and regulator mandated stress testing
- you'll enjoy a varied and engaging workload
- Gain significant visibility at board level in one of Europes largest financial services organisation
What you'll do
- you'll lead the development of Excel and SAS based tools and solutions, and drive new scenarios to uncover and examine vulnerabilities across the markets.
- you'll test our capital adequacy, focusing on the impact that macroeconomic events have on our exposures, our P&L, Capital, and Liquidity & Balance Sheet drivers.
Along with this, you'll:
- Regularly review our existing stress test scenario library, making adjustments where suitable to make sure that significant market and economic developments are built in
- Collaborate with regulators such as the Bank of England, the PRA, and the European Banking Authority
- Develop new scenarios, taking into account the banks unique geographical footprint, portfolios, and strategies
- Interact widely with stakeholders from across the wider risk community such as stress testing execution teams, and colleagues working on our ICAAP submissions
- Provide insightful views on the current economic outlook and interpret macro developments as risks to the UK financial systems
- Communicate developments through presentations and discussions with business leaders, both internally and externally
The skills you'll need
With a strong understanding of quantitative methods and macroeconomics, you'll develop suitable scenarios relevant for the bank and our business model. You'll be qualified to degree level in a quantitative subject such as Econometrics, Maths or similar.
you'll be highly technical, and:
- Have strong programming skills, including VBA, SAS and SQL
- Be an advanced user of Matlab and other statistical packages
- Work in a poised and controlled manner under pressure, with the ability to turn work around to tight deadlines
- Have outstanding stakeholder and communication skills
- Proficient at writing for a board level audience
How we'll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus 30% cash and benefit funding programme that can be tailored to suit your individual needs. In addition, we provide a wide selection of exclusive lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
For more information on our benefits, please visit our website.
At RBS, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles, find out more here.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulator, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These will include a full credit check, a criminal record check, residency and right to work checks.