Head of AML & Sanctions
The Group Head of Sanctions & AML (GHSAML) will work with the Group Head of Financial Crime to ensure that the Group has a robust compliance programme in place to prevent, detect and respond to breaches of legislation around sanctions, export controls, counter terrorist financing and money laundering. The GHSAML will manage a team of two staff in London.
This role sits within the 2nd Line of Defence.
2nd Line of Defence: comprising the Group Risk and Compliance functions including specialist areas such as Financial Crime Prevention, Data Protection, Information Security and Business Continuity. These functions set policy, provide advice and challenge and monitor implementation. A Compliance Monitoring function (to be established in due course) will provide assurance as to the implementation of policies.
Thought leadership- as an SME, lead thinking around sanctions and AML
- liaise with LIIBA, Financial Crime Forum, et al to maintain awareness of best practice
Policy-Responsible for keeping Group Policy updated and embedding it in the global businesses
Procedures-leading the team in responding to global queries from the business
- senior level liaison with Group Treasury
- proactive work; sitting with the businessin surgeries, etc, to tease outand resolve their issues
- designing the global risk assessment process
- undertaking business risk assessment; questionnaires, visits, interviews
- producing risk assessment reports
Training-owning the global training programme for Sanctions and AML
- determining the audience
- designing content for live training sessions
- designing computer based training
- delivering face to face training to higher risk areas of the business
- ensuring training is tiered, tailored and tracked
Comms-coordinating the programme of global communication around Sanctions and AML
- owning the intranet pages
- designing posters, e-bulletins, webcasts, etc
- live attendance at Ops meetings
Enhanced Due Diligence- help to design and embed the company approach to higher risk clients including PEPs
- drafting occasional Enhanced Due Diligence reports in response to higher risk clients
Reporting-writing Sanctions & AML element for updates to senior committees and boards.
- -drafting an annual report of risks and controls
Screening- advising Global Screening Manager on implementation of framework
Staff- supervision, performance management and mentoring of two staff
- Strong sanctions & AML expertise (must be especially strong in sanctions, which poses a stronger risk in our sector). Whilst experience may have been gained outside of the insurance sector, it is important the candidate can show flexibility in their thinking, and apply their knowledge to the different challenges posed by the broking world.
- An ability to speak confidently to senior level leaders within our business units.
- Should be able to demonstrate a vision for an overall compliance approach to sanctions & AML
- Experience of developing and delivering training in their subject
- Written communication needs to demonstrate clarity and accuracy.
- Experience of managing and mentoring staff
- Likely to be educated to degree level, or with equivalent experience;
- May have further professional qualifications in financial crime / compliance / legal.
Apply for Head of AML & Sanctions
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly