Senior Internal Auditor - FTSE 100 company
Our client, an award-winning leading international FTSE 100 with a global client base, seeks a high-calibre Senior Internal Auditor to strengthen its corporate audit team following an internal move.
As a Senior Auditor within the Corporate Assurance and Risk Department, you will support the delivery of the audit plan and providing advice and support to the businesses to mitigate risks. The position requires the job holder to work either on their own or in a team of two and to travel around the organisation's sites in the UK and overseas, conducting audits of the Group's businesses and controls (30-40%).
Excellent opportunities for further development and career progression both within internal audit or the wider business.
- Provide independent assurance that the right activities are in place to mitigate identified risks.
- Plan, execute and report on discrete audit projects simultaneously.
- Efficiently identify risks, mitigating control activities and tests of control activities for audit purposes.
- Monitor and report on the status of outstanding actions.
- Supervise other members of the team, external providers and those in other areas of the business.
- Interpret policies and procedures relating to role and function.
- Benchmarking and sharing best practice.
Key Skills / Experience / Attributes
- You will hold a recognised finance or audit qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CPA/IIA).
- Top-tier practice trained auditor or from a large corporate internal audit department
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to plan and prioritise workload.
- Strong stakeholder management and influencing skills.
- Previous experience in risk based auditing across a range of processes using audit methodologies and techniques.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to build and maintain working relationships and networks across the business.
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to identify and articulate root causes, themes and systematic issues.
- Flexibility to travel 30-40%