Financial Services - Extended Assurance - Manager, Banking
EY has recently been voted as one of the top 3 companies to work for in Europe. At EY, our Financial Services Assurance Team is fully integrated, working across borders to help clients deal with issues that are critical to their success, and winning new business as a result. We have recently launched Extended Assurance as part of our Financial Services Assurance practice to provide on-going assurance to regulators, management and directors on the governance and controls around processes that do not impact the financial statements.
Current turbulent markets are driving significant changes to all firms' internal processes, for example through regulatory reporting or demands for better or new management information. Frequently, these new processes will differ from the processes used to prepare financial statements - and it may not be possible to reconcile the two. This disconnect leads to management concern that the output is inaccurate and that this may result in a reputational impact and a fine. Extended Assurance provides assurance around these processes.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for assurance professionals, which are likely to be ACA, ACCA, CIMA, US CPA or CA qualified, who have a strong background in Financial Services. Candidates should have experience of working in assurance, risk and / or controls projects either as an auditor / advisor or within industry.
We are looking for people with banking and capital markets front to back controls knowledge, with particular interest in regulatory & prudential reporting and Client Money processing and reporting.
Join us and you'll work on challenging projects and accelerate your career within an international and supportive team. You'll also be introduced to career challenges that will take you into exciting new professional territory.
Your goal will be to help clients achieve their potential - and you can expect to do the same. As part of a supportive team, you'll have every opportunity to progress and build knowledge that will make a difference to your CV - and to your entire career.
Role Profile & Skills required:
- Desire to build / develop a career in assisting WBCM clients with controls assessments / improvements, including the provision of either a formal (assurance) or informal (findings & recommendations) opinion.
- Strong interest and commitment to understanding and developing leading edge extended assurance solutions to the WBCM industry clients.
- Intellectual rigor / flexibility to rapidly understand complex problems and rationalise these into a workable solution which can then be delivered. This includes a strong level of emotional intelligence.
- Practical experience of regulatory topics including Prudential Reporting, Client Asset Reviews (CASS); Suitability, Conduct of Business or Financial Crime.
- Ability to lead a team and deliver solutions to meet client needs.
- Ability to operate with stakeholders / manage projects which potentially span all functions within client organisations.
- High level of drive, commitment to achieving solutions and ability to work under pressure.
- Market network / knowledge a benefit.
- A successful track record working in Wholesale Banking / Capital Markets experience having either trained in a Big 4 or a top tier bank graduate programme in audit or Finance. The ideal candidate would have a combination of professional services assurance and industry experience.
- Professional qualification is desirable, either in practice ACA/ CA/ ACCA / US CPA qualified (ICAEW, ICAS, Irish Institute or equivalent international qualification) or an equivalent in industry, ACCA, CIMA.
- Degree qualified ideally with a 2:1 or equivalent;
- Strong knowledge of the spectrum of markets products - securities and derivatives across various asset classes in particular the controls / processing and sound knowledge of their accounting.
- Broad knowledge of front to back processes, including Front / Middle Office and support functions, in particular Product Control and Finance and their key processes.
- Experience of assurance / audit work either as an external auditor, internal auditor, forensic / financial remediation work or through controls reviews / initiatives.
- Finance / Product Control change experience, in particular controls / process improvements and the associated reporting and governance
- Experience of working with regulator mandated projects, such as s166 (or equivalent), either on behalf of the regulator or bank a benefit.
- International experience / linguistic ability, in particular European languages a bonus.
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.