Associate Director/ Director - Financial Risk Management - Banking Sector – Bahrain- Negotiable
Our client is a global firm providing a wide range of professional advisory services. They are now seeking to recruit an Associate Director/Director into their Risk Management Advsisory Practice in Bahrain to carry out varied risk advisory projects for their clients in the banking sector. It is most likely that the successful applicant will be currently operating at a similar level in a big 4 firm in perhaps the UK, USA, Australia ,Canada or New Zealand and seeking a career and life style change by moving to one of the nicest and most affordable countries in the Middle East.
The Risk Consulting team’s key services are:
- Corporate governance advisory
- Compliance advisory
- Financial risk management
- Internal audit
- Forensic Accounting
- Quality assurance review
- Process review
- Support the Risk Consulting business in Bahrain and Qatar and, specifically take on an active leadership role in growing risk related services.
- Lead large and complex projects and provide subject matter expertise on engagements.
- Take responsibility for innovation, practice growth and team development.
Key role and responsibilities
- Oversee/handle multiple engagements at a time
- Manage 3 to 6 staff on projects.
- Review of files and reports.
- Deliver presentations.
- Business development - client targeting and sales pitches.
- Proposal development.
- Develop and roll out in-house training programme for junior staff.
- Recruitment assistance – conduct interviews for junior positions.
Performance manager for 4 to 5 people.
- Good quantitative and qualitative risk management skills
- A recognized degree in Accounting/ Finance/ Business or related disciplines plus CA, FRM, CFA or MBA
- CIA and / or CISA qualifications an advantage
- 10-12 years relevant experience in risk management or related areas in financial services in a large audit and /or consulting firm.
- Ability to undertake ICAAP and Basel compliance reviews.
- Capital adequacy assessments (regulatory)
- Model validation exercise
- Development of Credit Rating Models
- Development of public disclosure guidelines and tools for banks to achieve Pillar III compliance
- Development of Operational Risk frameworks (RCSA, KRIs, loss databases and AMA models) for measuring and monitoring operational risk
- Experience in establishing / implementing Enterprise Risk Management framework an advantage
- Ability to execute compliance advisory engagements
- Ability to undertake internal audits of financial service clients (banks and insurance companies) in the areas of risk management, treasury and credit operations
- Ability to undertake treasury and hedging reviews
- Islamic banking and hedge fund industry knowledge an advantage
- Multi-country experience
- Delivery of training programmes (external)
- Delivery of speaking engagements (seminars / conferences) an advantage
- Ambitious, mature and business-minded with strong leadership and high ethical standards
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, analytical ability and presentation skills
- Ability to manage right deadlines and prioritise tasks
- Ability to write reports independently with the highest standard of English.
- Good spoken English