Audit Senior - EY Romania
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Understands and explains to staff the objectives of an audit engagement and the staff’s role in the audit process.
- Stays abreast of general business and economic developments and applies their understanding of the client’s business and industry to identify areas of audit significance, assesses the degree of risk and the nature of the errors that could result from the client’s accounting estimates, identifies unusual or unexpected transactions, and explains important developments/matters to staff.
- Develops the Audit Approach Plan and prepares detailed audit programs for tests of controls and substantive procedures for significant accounts.
- Executes audit procedures, such as understanding and evaluating significant sources of information, testing controls, and performing substantive procedures in moderately complex, judgmental and/or specialized areas. Drafts financial statements and footnote disclosures in conformity with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Analyses evidence, reaches conclusions, identifies issues, and proposes strategies for moderately complex issues, as well as makes decisions related to less complex issues related to the audit procedures that they and the staff assisting them execute.
- Prepares memoranda and other working papers, letters, and correspondence (e.g. Audit Planning Memorandum, Audit Approach Plan, management letter, and correspondence with the client).
- Directs the daily progress of fieldwork by managing the performance of staff, informing supervisors of engagement status, identifying areas/gathering information for value-added billings, and challenging current procedures to improve audit effectiveness and efficiency. May review memoranda and other working papers prepared by staff for technical accuracy and completeness, ensuring, among other things, that all procedures have been performed properly and the work performed and results are adequately documented, with exceptions and differences appropriately addressed.
- Participates in meetings with the client engagement team and the client.
- Interacts with client personnel and demonstrates a commitment to continually improve our client’s satisfaction.
- Provides guidance to assist staff in reaching their full potential (e.g. willingly addresses questions, contributes constructive on-the-job feedback and training, conducts meaningful and timely performance reviews).
- Fosters teamwork by maintaining cooperative relationships with the client engagement team; contributing to a work environment that leads to high morale, productivity, and open communications; facilitating the resolution of conflicts; sharing information; and, accepting and providing constructive feedback.
- Manages their individual time—including accumulating and reporting all chargeable hours, achieve budgeted time estimates, pursuing new responsibilities beyond immediate assignments, using unassigned time for self-education, and working to understand the economics of the practice.
- University degree in accounting, finance or banking
- In progress to obtain ACCA certification
- At least two years experience working as an auditor for a public accounting firm or possesses particular business/industry experience to meet special needs
- Understands the full range of services that the firm provides and helps familiarize staff with those services
- Maintains an education program to continually develop technical accounting, auditing, and management skills consistent with the firm’s professional development requirements
- Availability/willingness to work a flexible schedule
- Strong organizational, analytical and verbal/written communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Willing to travel around the country for audit engagement purpose
Please submit your applicaiton using the form below.
Apply for Audit Senior - EY Romania
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly