Senior Audit Group Manager
2 days left
Manages comprehensive activities related to a specific aspect of the controls environments. This would typically encompass all aspects of the review of the risk management and internal control environment for a large business groups, but could also encompass a specialty, for example, managing all aspects of the portfolio review of certain businesses. A Senior Audit Group Manager oversees all activities relating to the planning, implementation and quality execution of an audit, audit project, or specialty assignment (i.e., Credit Risk Review, Professional Practices). In any role, Senior Audit Group Manager would be responsible for providing thorough and reliable information to senior management (of businesses and/or Audit) and thoughtful recommendations for action or improvement. This role entails the development of strong working relationships with heads of department and other senior stakeholders in the business internally, and with regulators and external auditors externally.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manages and directs implementation of all aspects of an audit group. Responsible for quality output, including written reports or presentation, the quality of ideas and research, and for assessments of risk and other decision variables.
- Manages and develops direct reports and their teams, including timely feedback, training and career development. Models BNY Mellon integrity and standards in all interactions.
- Monitors business, regulatory, financial development related to broad lines of business responsibility.
- Builds and maintains key client relationships; is a “trusted advisor” to clients in enhancing the control environment and operational efficiency. This includes developing a close working relationship with regulators, fulfilling regulatory requests and requirements, and keeping informed on changes in the regulatory landscape.
- Engages in relevant training regarding audit, businesses, financial controls, regulations and ensures appropriate training and career development for all levels of professionals in his/her group.
Able to manage multiple ongoing projects and relationships while responding to unplanned, critical needs. Able to think quickly and use experience to prioritize work flow for self and team. Will be called upon to investigate, resolve, or assess unexpected situations and provide thoughtful analysis and feedback quickly.
Nature & Area of Impact:
Understands business strategies, processes and regulations effectively and quickly, and embeds this knowledge in his / her work product. Monitor business, regulatory and financial developments and related risks for assigned line(s) of business. Translate a strategic view into an appropriate Audit Universe/Risk Assessment and Audit Plan that prioritizes efforts appropriately.
Interactions / Interpersonal Skills:
The individual will interact with senior members of the Audit team, external parties (Regulators, Auditors) and senior business partners. The ability to develop and retain relationships is important, as are oral and written communications skills. Teamwork and people management skills (360 degrees) must be present for success in this role.
4 year degree or equivalent. MBA, CPA, CFA or related certifications preferred. 5-10 years relevant experience including at least 3 years in internal or external audit or relevant specialty area preferred. Previous experience of people managing a team is required. Previous experience of managing regulatory relationships is desirable.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Please note that you must be legally authorised to work in the Republic of Ireland to be eligible for this role as visa sponsorship is not provided.
Apply for Senior Audit Group Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly