Senior Manager, IT Assurance, FS, Edinburgh
The rapid evolution of technology and the risks related to this now regularly make headline news. The potential impact from threats ranging from external attacks to internal rogue trading makes the need for IT Assurance an item of Board level concern. As an IT Assurance Senior Manager you'll be helping our clients gain the comfort they and their regulators require. Working with some of the world's most prestigious Financial Service (FS) organisations you'll be an integral part of our IT Risk Assurance (ITRA team) and have a central role in the on-going development and growth of our practice and the people within it.
Our involvement on external financial audits is a major part of our business, and you will help to drive our supporting Financial Audit IT (FAIT) solution. You will work closely with our wider FS Assurance practice to support major external audit pursuits and to deliver the IT components of our most complex external audit engagements. You will also drive ITRA growth across our broader IT Risk Assurance & IT Risk Advisory services that encompass IT Internal Audit and IT components of Regulatory Reviews (e.g. client money, Solvency II, Basel III, Section 166, Service Organisation Controls Reporting). Key to this will be building relationships with senior client contacts and meeting their audit and assurance needs through the delivery of exceptional client service and high quality outcomes.
Your key responsibilities
Your role as a Senior Manager will require active leadership in the development of our business, our team and our people. This will include actively seeking business development opportunities (where circumstances allow), directing responses to client requests for proposals and taking a personal role throughout supporting bid activity; and working with a number of high profile clients creating innovative commercial insights and thought leadership.
Skills and attributes for success
- Managing client relationships and expectations, and anticipating client needs
- High quality outcomes and deliverables, underpinned by a keen attention to detail
- Building relationships with colleagues across the business, supporting them and promoting a collaborative culture
- Helping develop our team and our practice, and leading business development activities on strategic and global priority accounts
- Understanding, demonstrating and communicating workplace policies and procedures to all staff
To qualify for the role you must have
- A strong academic background and demonstrable experience in a number of the following areas:
- IT external audit support comparable to our Financial Audit IT solution
- IT internal audit
- Third party reporting, e.g. SOC1, AAF 01/06, SOC2
- Experience of the IT elements of regulatory reviews (e.g. S166, client money, Sarbanes Oxley 404 or Basel III)
- IT elements of Supplier Risk Management
- IT project governance and management
- Track record leading and delivering large-scale IT risk and control related engagements for a professional services consultancy firm or a blue chip industry organisation to quality, time and cost
- Experience within the FS industry and a sound understanding of the FS technology landscape
- Thorough understanding of UK and EMEIA FS regulatory environment
Ideally, you'll also have
- Business development experience encompassing the identification of new opportunities or opportunities to grow existing engagements, through to delivery of proposals and pitches to clients
- Developed a good FS market network
- Ability to engage with stakeholders at a C suite level and manage large cross functional projects
- An eagerness and track record in establishing and leading high performance teams and supporting and coaching individual team members
What we are looking for
You'll be a trusted business advisor to our clients, specialising within the IT Assurance field, so they'll look to you to ask and answer the questions nobody else has asked yet and then develop and execute an effective service. If you're ready to take on a wide range of responsibilities, and are committed to seeking out new ways to make a difference, this role is for you.
What working at EY offers
We offer an attractive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most experienced and engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.