Internal Management Systems Auditor
JOB TITLE: Internal Auditor
General Description of Role:
Reporting directly to the Compliance Director, you will be required to plan, complete, report and manage, programmed, follow-up and ad-hoc internal audits, for all areas of the business, making recommendations and suggestions to staff, process owners and the board of directors where applicable.
Core Duties & Responsibilities:
- Continuously monitoring and improving the internal audit process
- Keep current with legal and regulatory information relative to business operations, making senior management aware when required
- Plan, prepare for and conduct, process led internal audits, at planned intervals and to provide suitable reporting on whether the management systems conform to:
- Legal and regulatory requirements
- Our own quality and information security management system requirements
- The requirements of ISO9001:2015 & ISO27001:2013
- Plan and complete ad-hoc audits as required
- Help to plan and complete due diligence audits of 3rd party providers as required
- Produce reports for all audits undertaken identifying:
- Audit criteria and scope
- Areas of best practice identified
- Deficiencies and non-conformities identified
- Corrective action required (after agreement with process owner)
- Those responsible
- Achievable target dates for follow-up audits
- Update the internal audit schedule
- Update and record the standard specific clauses and controls covered, post audit
- Monitor progress on corrective actions to ensure they are concluded without undue delay
- Assist in the preparation of new documented information as well as updates to current ones
- To comply with legal and regulatory, contractual and business requirements
- Take reasonable care for the H&S of themselves and others,
- Report defects in premises, systems, equipment etc that may affect H&S.
- Not to misuse, immobilise or deface any item that may be provided in the interests of H&S.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assisting in the creation and development of processes and procedures to meet the business needs.
Specific Training Requirements (training to be given):
- Court Enforcement Services Case Management System operation.
- Understanding of appropriate Legislation and Regulations.
ISO 9001:2015 Internal Auditor (Essential)
ISO 9001:2015 Lead Auditor (Preferred)
ISO 27001:2013 Internal Auditor (Preferred)
ISO 27001:2013 Lead Auditor (Ideal)
- Good understanding of the above International Standards
- Proven experience of working in the capacity of an internal auditor
- Good interpersonal skills
- Methodical mind
- A good understanding of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel & Outlook.
- Good telephone manner.
- Good all round office skills including filing/faxing and photocopying.