Technology Assurance - Senior Associate - London Mid Tier
Who we are looking for
London Mid-Tier Risk Assurance has an exciting opportunity for Senior Associates to join the Technology Assurance team.
You'll have developed core skills in a wide range of disciplines including risk evaluation, review of operational and strategic IT processes, project governance, IT application implementation and accounting/audit.
About the role
London Mid-Tier (LMT) is a fast growing business unit with a unique assurance division offering a broad range of services, including Audit, Risk Assurance and Transaction Services (TS), which are tailored to assist mid-sized and entrepreneurial clients, grow and overcome the complex challenges they face.
The Risk Assurance team at PwC takes pride in helping clients to identify measure and manage their risk profile more effectively. Our Risk Assurance specialists offer knowledge and expertise, which extends to clients’ internal controls (including IT systems), technology, non-financial reporting, corporate sustainability and regulatory compliance.
Your role will involve the following:
- Being part of a team that performs services including IT risk reviews, programme/project assurance, third party assurance, IT operational, security and data reviews (in addition to IT general controls and business process reviews)
- Working directly with a broad range of clients (audit and non-audit), across a number of different sectors to deliver both assurance and advisory engagements including internal and external audit support assignments.
- Leading fieldwork for lower complexity engagements, and supporting more senior team members in more specialist areas
- Enhancing client controls environments, including developing integrated risk and control frameworks and building remediation plans for key client issues
- Exposure to current thinking in technology governance and risk management
- Building client relationships through engagement delivery, identifying opportunities to help clients resolve their challenges, and supporting the engagement sales process
- Supporting the activities of an assigned industry group, including sharing experiences, raising the profile of Risk Assurance services across the wider Assurance team, and supporting business development initiatives.
- Experience in complex ERP environments including Oracle, SAP or MS Dynamics
- Process and controls experience including planning, delivering and reviewing a diverse range of assignments
- Understanding of Internal Control Frameworks e.g. COSO and end to end processes
- Awareness of common project governance methodologies and the risks of project based delivery, e.g. PRINCE 2, PMP, MSP
- Experience in reviewing IT General Controls including Change Control, Access Rights and IT Operations
- Experience of at least one ERP application e.g. SAP or Oracle.
- Experience in delivering internal audit and advisory assignments
- Understanding of how the IT general controls evaluation integrates into the overall financial audit assurance;
- Strong project management, analytical skills and organisational abilities;
- Focused and initiative driven (required to maximise growth potential) with an ability to build strong relationships with clients and with PwC teams
- A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions whilst demonstrating integrity and courage to challenge the status quo
- Well-developed listening and questioning techniques
- Strong desire for personal continuous improvement
- Awareness of current/emerging market trends and issues
- Ability to follow formal methodologies and applying risk and quality standards
- Technically strong and numerate with a commercial focus on engagements
- Excellent verbal skills and report writing capability
- Able to work autonomously without the need for day to day direct management
- Proficient networker and relationship builder
- Team player
- Experience in auditing financial and operational controls within a wide range of business processes;
- ACA (or equivalent) fully or part qualified or CIMA qualified; and/or
- IIA or CISA qualified;
- Certified in relevant areas such as ITIL, PRINCE2, MSP, PMP, and/or TOGAF
- Sarbanes Oxley experience,
- Knowledge of other ERP solutions;
- Experience of third party reporting standards such as ISAE 3000, ISAE 3402, SSAE 16
- Experience in evaluating and performing risk assessments at a task and organisation level.
More jobs like this
- £80,000 - £89,999 Financial Services Assurance jobs in London (Central)
- £80,000 - £89,999 Financial Services IT Audit Senior jobs in London (Central)
- £80,000 - £89,999 Financial Services Quality Assurance jobs in London (Central)
- £80,000 - £89,999 Financial Services Technology Risk jobs in London (Central)