RSM is a leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services to middle market leaders, globally. We empower clients to move forward with confidence and realise their full potential. With around 3,500 partners and staff in the UK and access to more than 37,500 people in over 110 countries across the RSM network, we can meet our clients’ needs wherever in the world they operate.
Are you ACA/ACCA qualified with significant experience performing high quality audit work within practice? The Audit Team at our Manchester office are currently looking for a Supervisor who would be tasked with planning and completing the auditing of client accounts to a consistently high standard, ensuring clients receive a high quality service in all aspects.
As an accomplished and assured Auditor you will ensure all work carried out is in compliance with government legislation, supervising and guiding more junior members of the team and ensuring client and statutory deadlines are routinely met and exceeded. You will work closely with the Audit Manager in investigating all audit issues, ensuring appropriate consideration is given to audit risk and accounting technical matters and arriving at suitable proposals or solutions.
A passion for audit is at the heart of our business, and you would play an important role in helping deliver and develop the service we offer.
Overall job purpose
To provide on-site management of each assignment in an efficient and effective manner. To help ensure that client received a quality service in all aspects
- To ensure that the assignment is undertaken in accordance with the pre-assignment instructions, and to carry out the more rigorous aspects of the assignment efficiently, thoroughly and in accordance with the firm’s procedures.
- To ensure Assurance quality at all times. Assist with internal and external quality assurance, ensuring any actions are completed in line with the firms and professional standards.
- To communicate any problems in complying with these instructions, or any contentious issues identified, to the assignment manager immediately, identifying and commenting upon the possible solutions.
- To act as day-to-day point of contact for the client, and to practice the principles of excellent client service at all times.
- To maintain an awareness of the firm’s specialist services and publications. Ensure added value to clients.
- To provide adequate briefing, supervision and “on the job” training for trainee staff.
- To review work completed by trainee staff for adequacy and completeness, and to undertake job appraisal interviews.
- To assist in student recruitment, training and marketing activities as required.
- To summarise time spent on regular basis, and to perform the firm’s review and completion procedures before passing the files for manager review.
- To develop and maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil the Institute’s CPE requirements.
- To maintain training records conscientiously and keep up to date with examination studies, where applicable.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Maintain an awareness and observation of Health & Safety issues within the Firm and report any concerns to the Health and Safety Representative.
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its grading, as requested by the line manager or Head of Department.
Personal and professional qualities
The role requires:
- Candidates must be ACA or ACCA qualified with a preferred first or second time pass
- Previous experience of carrying out Assurance related tasks as requested by the Assurance Manager
- Proven experience in client handling
- Proven Assurance experience in producing high quality Assurances
- Assurance experience from a practice background would be distinct advantage
- Assurance experience of Owner Managed Business clients would be advantageous
- Experience of analytical review approach desirable
Note: This job description reflects the present requirements of the role. As duties and responsibilities change, the job description will be reviewed and will be subject to amendment in consultation with the individual.
To apply for this exciting role please send your CV and cover letter using the form below.
Please note that you must be legally authorised to work in the United Kingdom to be eligible for this role as visa sponsorship is not provided.
More jobs like this
- £40,000 - £49,999 Professional Services Assurance jobs in Greater Manchester
- £40,000 - £49,999 Professional Services Audit Consultant jobs in Greater Manchester
- £40,000 - £49,999 Professional Services External Audit Senior jobs in Greater Manchester
- £40,000 - £49,999 Professional Services Quality Assurance jobs in Greater Manchester