Director of Risk and Internal Audit
MERJE are exclusively working with a FTSE listed organisation with operations across the UK and Mainland Europe in the search for a Director of Risk and Audit to create a best in class risk and audit capability.
Reporting to the Chair of the audit committee and Group CFO the role offers an exciting opportunity to help shape the performance and risk agenda of the Group under a new leadership team.
Key responsibilities include
- Ensuring the risk management strategy is robust, consistently applied across the Group and aligned to business strategy and planning processes;
- Implementing and maintaining appropriate mechanisms for the identification, monitoring and reporting of risk to senior management and the Board;
- Reporting on the adequacy of the internal controls with respect to all aspects of the Group’s operations;
- Developing recommendations to improve controls where appropriate;
- Developing and implementing a programme of business assurance with the primary purpose of providing the Group with independent and objective assurance that its principal business risks are being appropriately managed and controlled;
- Reporting any issues of significance which require further corrective action; and tracking and reporting on the closure of such issues.
The successful candidate is likely to be graduate qualified and will have a professional accountancy (ACA / CIMA / ACCA) or audit (IAA) qualification with extensive senior risk management and assurance experience in a multi-national, multi-site organization. Experience of the distribution or manufacturing sectors would be a distinct advantage. Additionally you will have Senior management experience including management of people and department with commercial management experience and business acumen, demonstrating the ability to influence business leaders in development of an effective risk and assurance environment.
With 30% European travel the role can be based in either Yorkshire or London.
To discuss the role in greater detail please contact Andrew Varty on 0161 883 2742 or send through your CV via the 'Apply' button.
Apply for Director of Risk and Internal Audit
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More jobs like this
- £100,000 - £149,999 Production, Manufacturing & Operations Internal Audit Head of Department jobs in London (Central)
- £100,000 - £149,999 Production, Manufacturing & Operations Internal Audit Director jobs in London (Central)
- £100,000 - £149,999 Production, Manufacturing & Operations Risk Management jobs in London (Central)