Senior Internal Audit Manager
Our client is a leading industrial FTSE plc with an exceptional reputation for share performance, customer satisfaction and employee engagement. The business has focused on delivering exceptional quality in all areas of operation to reinforce the strong external and internal brand image.
Reporting to the Global Head of Risk & Audit, the primary responsibilities of the position include;
- Deputise for the Head of Department, including attendance at meetings with the Audit Committee, Executive and other Non-Executive directors and other members of senior management.
- Direct management responsibility for the Internal Audit team.
- Manage the department on a day-to-day basis, to maximise the efficiency and effectiveness of the team and their activities.
- Prepare reports for management and the Audit Committee.
- Be accountable for the design and delivery of the audit plan for the Group.
- To lead, manage and develop the team, including the co-source partner, in performing independent risk based reviews. To include:
- To assist and deputise for the Head of Department in the delivery of the risk management programme, including attendance at the executive committees, performing risk workshops, ensuring that the audit plan contributes towards monitoring the operation of the key risk management process and supporting the business units and functions in implementing a risk management approach appropriate for their area and consistent with the risk framework.
- To take active leadership of business continuity, specifically providing strategic direction to the crisis management teams and the individual plan owners.
- To establish a network of key stakeholders and to be seen by the business as a trusted advisor able to influence and facilitate changes which lead to an improved risk and control environment.
- To take a leadership role in the continuing development of the audit approach and the team, including performance management, mentor and identification of development opportunities.
- To undertake ad-hoc projects and involvement in business led initiatives as appropriate.
The preferred candidate for this position is likely to already be operating at in a team management role with the Internal Audit function of a large commercial organisation or as a Senior Manager within a “Big 4” environment. The individual will demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to quickly build rapport and relationships with line managers. The company has a passionate, brand orientated culture so individuals must share those values and a desire for continuous improvement.