Senior Audit Manager
Working here is about being there for our customers; we’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it’s also about you – how you develop and what you can achieve. We’ll help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
Group Internal Audit is an independent team reporting to the Audit Committee. Our vision is to be recognised as a leading edge global audit team, which provides robust assurance and value creating insight and challenge through the excellence of our people and processes. We aim to help Legal & General accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
- Execute a dynamic risk-based audit plan that focuses audit activity on key areas of most significant business risk. Provide robust assurance and value creating insight and challenge
- Manage own workload and that of the assigned audit resources and monitor the quality of audit files so that all audit work complies with GIA’s methodology and quality standards.
- Deliver audits on time and to agreed budgets, present to executive management and agree commercially viable business actions to address areas of risk and failures in the control framework.
- Influence executive stakeholders to embed risk management practices, thereby improving the overall strength of their control framework.
- Manage key internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Keep up to date with and anticipate significant external and internal regulatory and business changes, assessing their potential impact and developing audit strategies for audit activity in these areas.
- Contribute effectively to the audit team, and the continuous development and achievement of GIA’s vision to be recognised as a leading edge internal audit function.
- Take personal responsibility for developing his/her own professional knowledge, skills and subject matter expertise. Is recognised as a subject matter expert in one or more topics.
- Coach GIA colleagues, providing feedback on their performance and actively contributing to their personal development and subject matter expertise.
- Provide input to GIA reporting to the Group Audit Committee, relevant divisional Boards and Risk & Compliance Committees. Representing GIA as appropriate.
- Contribute effectively to the audit team, and the continuous development and achievement of GIA’s vision to be recognised as a leading edge internal audit function
- Leads and delivers a risk-based portfolio of audits and provides overall quality control.
- Demonstrates core auditing skills including both oral and written communications
- Energetic and enthusiastic with a strong work ethic and commitment to high quality work.
- Delivers purposeful, constructive scrutiny and challenge through sound, independent judgement and common sense
- Displays tenacity and resilience in executing audits and resolving audit issues, while remaining objective
- Escalates and shares information appropriately
- Initiates and set clear objectives/deadlines, delegate tasks effectively and motivates others.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 30 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.