We currently have an opportunity for an experienced Auditor to participate on large-scale engagements of company activities. You will assist in the execution of key areas of each audit engagement, develop and maintain client relationships and keep management apprised of audit progress and issues.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in preparation for engagement risk assessment, planning and audit scope development as necessary.
- Develop work program, in consultation with the auditor in-charge, for efficient tests of key controls
- Execute specific areas of a project, performing audit work using the standard audit methodology to evaluate risk, determine control objectives, and verify extent to which client techniques meet objectives.
- Document test results in work papers ready for review by the auditor in-charge.
- Inform auditor in-charge of project status and results.
- Interacts with management to assess audit findings including control weaknesses with an appropriate degree of professional skepticism. Keep auditor in-charge informed of audit findings, and assist business partners with the development of Management Action Plans to mitigate weaknesses, and evaluate adequacy of management's response. Where appropriate, test corrective action taken.
- Maintain business relationships with appropriate levels of management to ensure that Audit is aware of changes in business activities and objectives, and a necessary Audit response is developed.
- Possess good written and oral communication skills and demonstrate these skills during the audit process to the appropriate level of Visa and Audit management.
- Demonstrate understanding of Visa's and Internal Audit's strategic vision, be a self-starter, and responsible for actions promoting this strategic vision.
- Interact with Audit project team members in working towards Departmental goals.
Requirements of the successful candidate:
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, in business, accounting, management information systems, or related field.
- Solid internal audit experience, preferably with a large financial institution, or Big 4 assurance experience.
- CIA, ACA, CPA, CISA or other relevant professional certification highly desired.
- Demonstrated experience executing audits within a complex operational and regulatory environment.
- Experience evaluating controls associated with complex business processes.
- Strong time management skills.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good analytical, organizational and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 10-25%.