Audit Senior Manager – IT, Security & Resilience
Do you want to work in a high profile environment that gives you the opportunity to influence at the highest level? Our team works in a fast paced, customer focused, dynamic environment and provide an unmatched opportunity to interact with and add value to the largest building society in the world.
This role provides an opportunity to assess and influence the control environment for IT, security and resilience at Nationwide. The individual will need to utilise their knowledge and skills in these areas to lead and manage a team of audit professionals, and provide insightful challenge with senior management.
We are a relatively small team of about 80 employees from a broad range of backgrounds, including finance, compliance, risk, IT, financial crime and transformation. We believe in supporting and developing our people and, in addition to reporting to a Head of IT Audit as your development manager, you will have a senior management team mentor with whom you can explore longer term development goals and career plans.
This role could be located in Swindon, Northampton, London, or Bournemouth but requires regular weekly travel (at least three days a week) to our Head Office in Swindon where most of our core functions are based.
We embrace flexible working, so if you want to work from home sometimes, that’s fine. We believe in getting the job done in the way that works for both us and the business, which means you aren’t expected to be at a desk 9 – 5, Monday to Friday. We pride ourselves in our ‘one team’ approach and our drive for continuous improvement, both of which support our vision of protecting members’ interests and influencing business success.
Who we're looking for
We are looking for an individual with IT, cyber security and resilience knowledge who can utilise that knowledge and experience in leading and delivering insightful audits.
As a minimum requirement you’ll have experience of:
- leading and managing people.
- IT, cyber security and resilience to be able to deliver insightful challenge.
- influencing others and building professional business relationships at various levels including senior managers and directors, showing your proven negotiating skills.
- have, or be on your way to, completing a CISA, CISSP or equivalent IT controls certifications.
It would be nice if you also had experience of:
- identifying strategic audit priorities and developing an annual audit plan.
- managing the delivery of IT audits of varying complexities and types (e.g. application, infrastructure, process etc.) across a variety of business areas to a high quality.
- developing and coaching audit staff to achieve their potential and deliver to the highest professional standards.
- implementing, auditing or reviewing payment systems.
What you'll be doing
You will have direct line management responsibility for a small number of professional audit staff to include conducting performance appraisals, providing career guidance and managing performance.
You’ll lead the development and implementation of specific initiatives to deliver the strategy for IA including leading continuous improvement initiatives and helping to communicate priorities to the wider team. You will use your excellent communication and influencing skills with senior management to drive improvements in governance, risk and controls across the organisation.
You’ll also be a proactive member of IA’s management team, spotting areas for improvement in the focus and/or efficiency of the team’s work and using your influencing skills to present these to senior IA management.
You’ll be directly involved in initiatives to drive improvements to IA’s practices and be a champion for change activity.
- An Audit Senior Manager – IT, Security & Resilience in Swindon, Northampton, London or Bournemouth
- £53,162 - £79,744 a year on a on a permanent, full time basis.
- Benefits include status car or cash allowance, a competitive pension where if you pay in 7% we’ll top it up to 23%, 30 days’ holiday plus bank holidays, private healthcare, life assurance worth 8x your salary and access to an annual performance related bonus.
More jobs like this
- £70,000 - £79,999 Fund Management Cyber Security jobs in Swindon
- £70,000 - £79,999 Fund Management Internal Audit Senior Manager jobs in Swindon
- £70,000 - £79,999 Fund Management IT Audit Senior Manager jobs in Swindon
- £70,000 - £79,999 Fund Management Technology Risk jobs in Swindon
- £70,000 - £79,999 Fund Management Risk jobs in Swindon