This job is no longer available
This well-known financial services group has an enviable reputation as an entrepreneurial and innovative business which has enabled it to become a leading insurance intermediary.
They currently seek a qualified Internal Auditor, ideally ACA/ACCA, to deliver a variety of audits across the Southern region.
As well as covering regional units you will be involved in the operational review of Head Office functions. The candidate will be expected to report any control discrepancies or practices which do not conform to the Groups standard policies, FSA regulatory breaches or matters which pose unacceptable financial, reputational and regulatory risk.
· Conducting internal audits to verify the adequacy of the internal control environment and ensure compliance with Company Policy and regulatory
· Evaluate audit risks and provide input to the Head of Internal Audit for the planning of future audits.
· Prioritise and arrange audits in line with the annual Audit Plan and risk scoring matrix.
· Develop appropriate audit tests based on audit department and other recognized audit test procedures, conduct audit tests based upon those procedures, and evaluate the results of those tests.
· Obtain, evaluate and document audit evidence to support conclusions.
· Evaluate operational and financial controls for assigned audits and provide input to other members of the internal audit team on the adequacy of those controls.
· Develop and communicate audit findings and recommendations.
As well as being a qualified accountant you will also have prior experience of working in internal audit. You must have financial services experience and general insurance exposure would be a definite advantage.
The role will involve travel across the South which will equate to approximately 50-60% of the time. This will generally require day trips but could include some overnight stays depending on your location. Given that the role covers multiple locations, applications are invited from around the South of England and space will be allocated in the nearest office (where possible). The Head of Audit sits in the operational headquarters based in Kent.
All applicants must have a legal right to work in the UK.