Applying for a Job on CareersinAudit.com
Find your audit perfect job with CareersinAudit.com, the world's leading job board and career website for Internal Audit, External Audit, IT Audit, Risk, Compliance, Cyber Security, Corporate Governance, GRC, Advisory and Assurance professionals.
We know job hunting can be time consuming, so to help you get the most from the site, we've compiled the following guide on how to search and apply for jobs advertised on CareersinAudit.com.
To start your job search, click here to visit the job search page.
Alternatively, you can click on the ‘Find a job’ tab at the top of any CareersinAudit.com page:
Search for a Job
Select the categories that match what you are looking for in your next job. You can search using categories including Keyword, Job Type, Employer Sector, Location, Salary Band, Contract Type, Hours, Travel and Recruiter Type.
Before you Start – Key Tips
- Selecting fewer criteria options will show more jobs in your search results
- Select only the criteria most important to you to start with to avoid missing out on jobs that may match most, but not all of your search selections
- Use ‘Browse’ for quick specific searches, and ‘Search’ for broader searches with more criteria
- This field can be used to ‘quick search’ for jobs, with or without selecting additional criteria
- It can also be used to search for specific words in the job description when the information you are looking for is not available in the rest of the selection options, e.g. qualifications such as ‘ACCA’
- Filters the jobs shown by the Job Type specified on the job ad
- If you require a job type that isn’t listed, use the ‘Other Job Titles’ section below and/or the ‘Keywords’ field above instead
- Filters the jobs shown by the industry sector that the employer operates in
- If you require a sector that isn’t listed, use the ‘Keywords’ field instead
- Filters the jobs shown by the location the job is to be based
- If you are searching on the 'Browse' function, then start with a global location, i.e. ‘Europe’, then narrow down further by country, region or city (if available)
- In the 'Search' function simply start typing in the name of the location you would like to add and a drop down will appear with a number of locations for you to select from. If the location you would like to select does not appear, please widen your location description. You can also select the distance from you chosen location.
- Filters the jobs shown by the salary range that is being offered
- Salaries may also be advertised in another currency which is the equivalent of what the salary would be in your own (e.g. a job in France with a salary in Euros and the equivalent salary in Pounds also)
- Filters the jobs shown according to the contract type specified in the job ad (e.g. Permanent or Contract)
- Filters the jobs shown by those with either Full Time or Part Time hours
- Filters jobs shown by the amount of travel required as part of the role
- Filters jobs shown by the type of advertiser e.g. Direct Employer or Recruitment Consultant
Find a Job – Browse
The ‘Browse’ function is a quick and simple way to find jobs using specific search criteria. Start with broad selections such as ‘Job Title’ and ‘Location’, then narrow down the results by selecting further categories that match the type of job you are looking for. One selection is allowed for each criterion.
Your Search Results – Browse
The search results shown on the right of the page will update with each new Browse criteria selected. To expand your search, but not start again, click the red ‘X’ next to any of the selected criteria.
You can create a shortlist of jobs to look at later by clicking the star at the bottom right of each job result.
To be sent a daily email with jobs that match your current search, enter your email address and click ‘Email jobs’ at the top of the search results page to save your search as a ‘Jobs by Email’ alert, or click the ‘Get jobs like these by email’ button if you are logged in.
Find Jobs – Search
The ‘Search’ function works in a similar way to the ‘Browse’ function, however when using ‘Search’ you are able to make broader searches by making more than one selection in the categories, and a wider range selection in others. You can also search using keywords in this function, these can be relating to the job title, employer name or specific qualifications that could be mentioned in the job advert e.g. 'ACCA' or 'CISA' or 'ISO 27001'.
Your Search Results – Search
If you would like to add or remove a Search criterion, simply make your changes in the Search area on the right and click ‘Search’ again. This will update your search results and refresh the page. Once you are happy with your search you can view the jobs in your results list as in the ‘Browse’ function.
Again, If you would like to be sent a daily email with jobs that match your current search, you can enter your email address and click ‘email me jobs’ at the top of the search results page to save your search as a ‘Jobs by Email’ alert, or click the ‘Email me jobs like these’ button if you are logged in.
Viewing and Applying for Jobs
To view the complete job advert for any of the jobs in your search results list, click on the job ad title (in red).
The next page will show you the complete job ad.
Options to the right of the listing allow you to add the job to your shortlist, email the job ad to yourself or someone else, and apply for the job being advertised. You can also share the job across various social media by clicking the share button at the bottom of the job ad.
Read through the job description in full and if you fulfil the requirements and the job meets your criteria, click the ‘Apply’ button at the top or bottom of the job ad. You can then send your application to the recruiter via email or you may be redirected to the recruiter’s external webpage. Follow the instructions on this page to submit your application.
Completing your Job Application
If you are sending your application via email, you can scroll to the bottom of the job ad, where you will find a grey box. On this application area, you will need to fill in your contact details, complete your covering message and attach your CV to send your application.
If you have not already uploaded your CV to the site you can attach it to the application using a variety of upload services, including Dropbox, OneDrive and Google Drive.
The covering message is your first opportunity to sell yourself to a recruiter and gives them an incentive to view your CV, so succinctly explain why you are suitable for the job here. Tell the recruiter in roughly 500 words or less why you are a good match for the role and what you can do for the company. Mention any experience you have that matches the experience requested in the job description. You can read our 'Creating an Alluring Audit Covering Letter' article to find out more about how to write your cover message.
Once you have filled in all the required areas and answered any questions that are part of the form, click the ‘Apply’ button to send your application to the recruiter.