Senior Compliance Manager, Regulatory Compliance
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Regulatory Compliance ensures adherence to applicable regulations and standards by setting the policies which cover HSBC’s regulatory requirements, and mitigate conduct and reputational risk issues. The team strives to remain ahead of the regulatory change agenda and ensures the business understands the implications and is prepared for change. It monitors how the Global Businesses and Functions manage their responsibilities with regard to complying with the regulations and helps resolve compliance deficiencies.
As an HSBC employee in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.
We are currently seeking an experienced individual to join this team in the role of Senior Compliance Manager.
In this role, you will:
- Provide a focal point within UK Banking Compliance for the effective management of regulatory risk associated with the design, operation and distribution of Wealth Management products through the Bank’s key Retail and Commercial sales channels
- Set and facilitate the implementation of compliance policy across the various business lines within Wealth Management products.
- Discharge the (Local Compliance Officer) accountabilities set out in the Compliance Officer Handbook
- Retail and Commercial customers purchasing or holding Wealth products
- Deliver Compliance Plan relevant to Wealth products and processes
- Manage, rectify and report, as appropriate, material breaches of regulations
To be successful in this role you should meet the following requirements:
- Experience working in relevant environment/s, i.e. regulatory compliance
- Experience working in relevant market/context, i.e. Banking, financial services
- A flexible and adaptable management style with experience of developing yourself and others
- A comprehensive understanding of risk management and proven experience of ensuring own/others' compliance with relevant regulatory processes
Within HSBC certain roles are designated as Enhanced Vetting Roles. For these roles, all internal and external applicants are required (subject to local laws), to pass satisfactorily a series of additional checks both as part of the application process and, if successfully recruited into the Enhanced Vetting role, on an on-going basis. The Group reserves its position with regard to any steps which it may take in relation to any material adverse findings which arise either when the checks are first carried out as part of this recruitment exercise, and/or if relevant, on an on-going basis.
This role has been designated as an Enhanced Vetting Role.
For further details and application information please click “Apply” or visit our careers site, searching under reference 000082EU.
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by HSBC Bank Plc.