Senior Internal Auditor - Commercial Contracts & Supplier Audit
Our client, the UK’s largest utilities organisation in its sector, seeks a high-calibre and ambitious Senior Internal Auditor - Commercial Contracts & Supplier Audit (forensic auditing & analytics) for its corporate audit department. Within the organisation, internal audit is seen as a ‘value-add’ function, providing assurance over the organisation’s large-scale projects and day to day business operations.
Working as part of a team and reporting to the Forensic Audit Manager, the Senior Internal Auditor - Commercial Contracts & Supplier Audit - will drive the delivery of commercial savings through specialist review of the organisation's contracts with third part suppliers to ensure compliance with pricing agreements, service delivery and to ensure that suppliers meet their requirements in terms of health & safety, anti-corruption or other commercially agreed terms.
You will work closely with senior stakeholders to identify weaknesses in their contract management approach and design pragmatic solutions. The forensic and commercial audit team also delivers potentially contentious and confidential investigations into fraud and other financial irregularities.
Although there is good support in the role, you will have the opportunity and autonomy to manage the end to end audit process; from scoping, planning, delivery and reporting, helping you gain a more in-depth understanding of operations and strengthening your relationships with the business.
This is a high-profile position that gives broad exposure to all areas of the organisation, senior level stakeholder engagement and excellent opportunities for further development, proven by a number of internal promotions and moves into the wider business.
Skills / Experience
- Qualified accountant or auditor - ACA, CA, ACCA, CIMA, CIA, MIIA or equivalent
- People with relevant experience but who are 'Qualified by Experience' will be considered on merit
- Knowledge and experience of risk-based audit techniques
- Third party supplier / contract auditing / procurement audit experience
- Experience of forensic auditing or investigations would be a plus
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills
- The ability to challenge the business and help promote best practice
More jobs like this
- £50,000 - £59,999 Retail, Wholesale & FMCG Audit Consultant jobs in Reading
- £50,000 - £59,999 Retail, Wholesale & FMCG Business / Corporate Auditor jobs in Reading
- £50,000 - £59,999 Retail, Wholesale & FMCG Forensic / Fraud jobs in Reading
- £50,000 - £59,999 Retail, Wholesale & FMCG Internal Audit Senior jobs in Reading