Head of Audit and Risk - FTSE250 UK Plc
The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company are delighted to have been chosen and retained by this FTSE250 UK Plc to help them source and select a Head of Audit and Risk.
An initial infrastructure has been established using an outsourced resource and now we're looking for a Head of Audit and Risk to develop and grow the in-house capability.
As Head of Audit and Risk you will:
- Establish a group wide policy framework including consolidation and updating of Financial Accounting policies and company policies.
- Design the infrastructure of a Group Internal Audit capability, its initial shape and likely risk and audit priorities for the next 1-2 years.
- Establish of a risk management framework and documentation of top risks as a foundation for management of the business and input to the internal audit strategy and structure.
This is a permanent role that will take responsibility for building upon the above and supporting the business and executive management in the next stage of its growth and ambitions.
We are looking for someone who is:
- Forward looking
- A self starter and requires little direction or management.
- Strong at building collaborative relationships
- Experienced in running varied internal audits across business operations and functions
- Commercially aware and risk focused.
- Able to gain the trust of senior management whilst providing objective challenge and assessment.
- Strong motivational skills and ability to lead and influence management and staff
As the organisation develops, it is anticipated that the function will grow and therefore this provides an opportunity to shape the function building on the foundations put in place.
Required Professional Experience.
- Professionally qualified. (FCA/ ACA and/or a qualification in Internal Auditing (CIA, CIIA).
- Demonstrated internal audit and risk experience in a FTSE 250 organisation or of equivalent size in the public or private sector.
- You are likely to be an experienced internal audit manager or “No.2” looking for a first leadership role or an experienced internal audit leader who can bring perspective and challenge to the organisation. Candidates from top 10 firms with significant internal audit and business risk background will also be considered.
For further information, please get in touch (in confidence) with Marcus Panton at the Audit & Risk Recruitment Company.
The Audit & Risk Recruitment Company - Experts in Audit and Risk Recruitment!