My Client are one of the top 30 accountancy practices based in Cambridge. They are now seeking for the best Audit Seniors in the industry. They are an organisation looking to grow, hence they’re looking to attract the very best people in the local area. Ideally you will be newly qualified ACA/ACCA and have a passion to carve out a fantastic career for yourself.
This is an incredible opportunity for an Audit Senior to join a vibrant, experienced Audit and Assurance department based in the Cambridge area. You will be given the opportunity to either work as part of an audit team or take responsibility for running the audit, working with various Clients under manager supervision. As an experienced Audit Senior you will manage the audit team and supervise the audit process to ensure all audits are of high quality. They operate in various sectors including, but not limited to, academy schools, biotechnology, and digital media, farming estates, healthcare, not for profit, professional services, property and public sector.
Your day to day duties will consist of:-
- Planning, execution and completion of audits reporting to managers and partners.
- Identifying risk matters and raising with a manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Producing work for the manager and/or partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
- Identifying and understanding client needs, suggesting potential solutions on technical matters and communicating and agreeing client needs and potential solutions with managers.
- Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensuring the efficient execution of the audit.
- Taking primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget gaining a full understanding for the Manager.
- Preparation of accounts, reports and other assignments as required. Co-ordinating fieldwork at clients including liaising with relevant departments within the firm.
- Leading on-site audit teams and completing jobs with minimal supervision, to deadlines and within budget.
- Development and supervision of trainees, providing feedback on a regular basis to assist career development.
Skills and qualifications required:-
For you to be successful in this role you will hold the ACA/ACCA qualification or equivalent, with a high level of audit and accounting experience. You are also required to have strong IT skills including Microsoft Word and Excel. It is essential that you have team and peer leadership skills, including the ability to motivate and develop team members to achieve their potential. As well as strong project management skills, ensuring multiple projects are completed on an accurate and timely basis and within budget.