Process & Controls - Senior Associate - Manchester
You will be joining a growing team that has had significant success in the Northern market over many years. The North team numbers well over 200 Risk Assurance professionals, spread across our Northern offices (predominantly Leeds, Manchester and Newcastle, although we have presence in Sheffield, Liverpool and Hull).
Responsibilities will include:
- Engagement scoping and planning
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with new and established clients
- Being a member of a team on large and small engagements - working as part of a project team on client sites and day-to-day liaison with clients
- Identifying and documenting key risks and controls within businesses and their processes
- Conducting work in accordance with PwC’s methodologies and quality assurance standards.
- Working within set deadlines.
- Leading and coach junior team members.
- Discussing findings and issues with clients and the PwC Engagement Leader.
- Taking responsibility for drafting initial reports ahead for delivery to the client.
- Working as part of our business development strategy team in the local marketplace and taking responsibility for developing your own personal network both internally and externally.
You will receive appropriate training for the engagements that you will undertake and coaching on engagements.
For the right individual, the role provides an outstanding opportunity to progress, develop and be rewarded for achievement as part of a successful and growing part of the PwC business.
- Amount of time office based: 30-40%
- Amount of time at client sites: 60-70%
- Need to travel/overnight stays away from home: Occasionally
- Opportunity for flexible working (hours)?: No
- Opportunity for working from home?: Limited
- Opportunity for job sharing?: No
We are seeking candidates with the following skills and qualifications:
- A passion for Governance, Risk & Control and Internal Audit/ Compliance or Performance Assurance;
- Experience of review planning, risk and control identification and performing, reviewing and directing testing;
- The ability to work effectively in different teams for varying periods of time building good working relationships with colleagues and clients;
- Ability to communicate clearly with colleagues and clients at all levels;
- Experience of identifying and effectively reporting any issues and recommendations for improvement to clients, as well as drafting the related sections of formal reports;
- The ability to assess risk in a wide range of operations and activities and suggest pragmatic risk mitigation activities. Due to the diverse nature of the clients and industries where you will be required to apply your skills, this is essential;
- A proactive approach to problem solving and delivering client solutions;
- You will have experience of interacting with clients at all levels and developing/maintaining business relationships;
- A reasonable degree of flexibility in relation to travel will be expected to serve the regional nature of our client base.
- Gained or be working towards a relevant professional qualification (ACA / ACCA or equivalent or CIIA).
- A working understanding of FCA principles and rules;
- Experience in delivering business advisory, internal audit, assurance or consultancy services in one of the Commercial, Financial Services or Public Sector (Health, Education, Housing, Local Government etc.) industries;
- An understanding of the industry and regulatory environment in the UK (or equivalent overseas market);
- An awareness or previous involvement in Business Development activities and how you could contribute to such initiatives.