Financial Reporting Manager
Here. You can be empowered to make a difference.
At Grant Thornton we're driven by a purpose of building a vibrant economy, based on trust and integrity in markets, dynamic businesses, and communities where businesses and people thrive. We've created our own unique culture - one that offers the opportunities of a major organisation in a personal, close-knit environment and that's built around shared enterprise.
Be inspired. Be challenged. Be yourself. Here. You can.
As a financial reporting expert within the Financial Reporting Group you will be responsible for providing technical advice and expertise to the assurance practice.
- You'll perform financial statement "hot" reviews and other accounts reviews
- You'll provide subject matter support to those responding to queries and hot reviews
- You'll respond to technical queries on a range of topics across IFRS and UK GAAP
- You'll present, or support presenters on financial reporting matters, at both internal and external training events
- You'll identify opportunities arising from changes in legislation or financial reporting to develop the firm's service offerings
- You'll identify ways in which the department can improve the efficiency of its operations
- You'll contribute to debates on financial reporting matters and support senior team members who attend external discussion groups
Who we're looking for:
- You'll have a genuine interest in our clients. We want to provide a distinctive service and unlock potential for growth in dynamic organisations.
- You'll know that what you do matters. As an organisation we want to be known for how we do business, not simply what we do. So, we need people who know that every act matters from the simple things to the insights we bring to clients.
- You'll seize opportunities. We want to adapt quickly and wisely to changing conditions to optimise growth for both our clients and ourselves.
- You'll apply critical reasoning to bring clarity and insight. We do it by asking great questions, listening and drawing on our collective knowledge and experience to really help others grow.
- You'll have strong project management experience, with high level analytical skills and problem solving ability.
Education, experience and qualifications:
- you'll hold a professional accountancy qualification (ACA, CA or ACCA)
- you'll be educated to degree level or equivalent
- you'll be experienced in IFRS and UK GAAP
- you'll preferably have previous experience of working in a similar role, in particular, performing reviews of financial statements for compliance with accounting standards and responding to technical accounting queries