Risk Management - Technical Executive
The Institute of Risk Management (IRM) is the leading professional body for enterprise risk management. The IRM is an independent, not-for-profit organisation that champions excellence in managing risk to improve organisational performance. We do this by providing internationally-recognised qualifications and training, publishing research and guidance and setting professional standards across the world.
With growing demand for risk management expertise across the world, our training and qualifications are increasingly sought after in the new high-growth economies. As our member numbers grow, we continue to develop our qualifications, courses, events and publications.
We have ambitious plans for the future of IRM. As part of these plans, we now have a vacancy for an Technical Executive with the appropriate skills and experience to help us take the Institute forward to the next phase in our growth and development.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To be the IRM’s internal, executive expert on the technical aspects of enterprise risk management, and associated risk management and other related professional disciplines. We are seeking someone to take forward the technical agenda for the IRM, ensuring a consistent output of high quality thought leadership, supporting IRM’s position as the global voice of risk management. This will include working with volunteer members, special interest groups, and independent consultants, other institutes and associations and academic institutions to produce white papers, guidance documents, technical events, technical statements and responses to consultations. This individual will also work as part of the IRM team providing a technical risk management input to events, publications, strategy development and member relations.
- Work with the IRM member community to stimulate leading edge debate and commentary on (ERM) risk management issues.
- Commission, edit, and organise peer review of thought leadership pieces produced for publication by the IRM.
- Work with the Marketing Manager to produce technical (thought leadership) output in various formats, and for distribution to various audiences.
- Support the development and maintenance of IRM products and services such as the International Certificates, the Diploma, and training courses.
- Respond to external calls for responses to consultations.
- Advise the SMT and the board of directors on technical ERM issues.
We are looking for the following:
- Comprehensive and up to date knowledge of enterprise risk management, evidenced by an appropriate mix of qualification and experience.
- Excellent project management skills, drive, personal organisation and attention to detail, to ensure quality output.
- Ability to work extensively with volunteers to get things done.
- Confidence and charisma to be able to work with senior risk leaders and global experts and build an international network.
- Imagination, drive and entrepreneurial flair, to make significant progress with limited resources.
- Ability to produce excellent written communications quickly and to present confidently and professionally to audiences of all types.
For more information about the role and to apply, please send your CV and supporting statement addressing the core requirements of the person specification via the form below. We look forward to hearing from you.
More jobs like this
- £50,000 - £59,999 Professional Services Advisory jobs in London (Central)
- £50,000 - £59,999 Professional Services Risk Analysis jobs in London (Central)
- £50,000 - £59,999 Professional Services Risk Management jobs in London (Central)
- £50,000 - £59,999 Professional Services Other jobs in London (Central)
- £50,000 - £59,999 Professional Services Risk jobs in London (Central)