Internal Auditor - Global Functions
Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. Our status, as a company limited by guarantee with no shareholders, enables us to make our customers our focus, reinvesting our profits to provide more and better healthcare for current and future customers.
We employ over 84,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, Hong Kong, Chile, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, India, New Zealand, Thailand and the US.
Around 70% of our revenue is from health insurance, with the rest from health and care provision. We fund healthcare around the world and run clinics, hospitals, dental centres, care homes and retirement villages in a number of countries.
The Analyst is responsible for working within the Internal Audit team to provide independent and objective assurance to senior management, the Board and the Audit Committee on the effectiveness of Bupa's risk management, control and governance processes.
Accountabilities & Activities:
- Assisting Bupa in achieving its strategic goals by bringing a systematic and disciplined approach to the evaluation and improvement of these processes.
- Undertaking special project work
- Provide an internal consultancy service that may be used by Bupa management, particularly in the areas of specialist knowledge.
In addition to the above, this individual will be accountable for the following:
- Contribute as an Analyst on assignments when led by the Senior Internal Auditor to deliver value add work and complete tasks timely and efficiently
- Develop key internal and external relationships to progress recommendations made during reporting of internal audits completed
- Possess the ability to work autonomously on end to end audits under the oversight of the Internal Audit Manager/Business Partner or Senior Internal Auditor, delivering quality work ensuring key risks are identified and verifying the effectiveness of the controls over the key risks
- Assist in the preparation of high quality reports of the results of completed audits through excellent verbal and written communication
Qualifications, Training and Experience:
We are looking for an ambitious individual who is part ACCA qualified (or overseas equivalent).
The individual must have demonstrable experience of working on internal audit reviews and sound knowledge of risk management and audit principles in addition to an understanding of audit philosophy, methods and techniques (e.g. flowcharting, interviewing, presenting).
The individual should have strong communication and influencing skills, commercial awareness and a strong interest in and a good understanding of Bupa and its various activities and businesses.
The candidate should be able to demonstrate:
- Business acumen as demonstrated through the execution of audits in a customer mindset.
- Technical skills and desire to learn and develop formal learning with experience in an audit environment.
- Risk & control mindset and developing an understanding of how audit fits into the 3LOD framework to keep Bupa safe.
- Communication skills that support commercial outcomes and drive a high quality audit.
- Teamwork to support working as 'One Bupa' global team.
Bupa offer a generous starting salary and benefits package which includes bonus, Bupa cover, pension with associated life assurance/critical illness cover, 25 days holiday, free onsite gym and a raft of other benefits.
Being a healthcare business though there is an immense focus on work-life balance and the offices are friendly, but intense and usually mostly deserted shortly after the end of a standard working day. Bupa is committed to an environment which will attract, retain and motivate its people.
Bupa aims to ensure that every applicant to, or employee of is assessed for employment, promotion and development solely on the basis of personal merit and qualifications, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, disability or age.
For further information on Bupa, our equal opportunities and your career with us, please visit our website.