Manager, IT Risk & Assurance
Technology is changing the way businesses are operating. New technologies provide businesses with the potential to deliver new services, operate in new markets and to change the way they operate. Associated with these opportunities come risks, our clients seek independent advice and assurance over diverse issues which include for example: the design and operation of their internal controls, the security of their business critical systems, the delivery of major IT enabled programmes, their relationships with third parties, and their management, stewardship and ability to exploit business critical data.
EY is recognised as a leading independent provider of risk advisory services, supporting organisations manage their risks, exploit opportunities and operate effectively. IT Risk and Assurance (ITRA) sits within EY's Risk business and forms part of a broader Advisory Services practice.
In response to strong market demand, we are looking to recruit a Manager who can work directly with clients, to help them understand and address the risks associated with the technologies that support their business. This will involve interacting at a senior level with client staff, managing multiple assignments, and leading teams of EY personnel. You will be stretched to learn about new IT risk areas - sometimes as they evolve, work across a broad range of different clients in multiple sectors, and deal with complex and demanding issues on a daily basis.
Your key responsibilities:
- Managing a portfolio of ITRA engagements with our clients, reporting to a Senior Manager or Director, responsible for the day to day running of the engagements and the quality of the teams output
- Managing and creating reports and via review ensuring the highest quality deliverables prior to Senior Manager's / Director's review.
- Contributing to developing the market for ITRA services across all sectors and identify sales opportunities and escalating these to senior management
- Establishing client relationships with senior stakeholders across the FTSE 350 market
- Working with prospective clients to agree, scope and plan the delivery phase of engagements
- Contributing to the creation of proposals and marketing material
- Managing engagements to time and budget
- Contributing to the development of the existing ITRA team acting as mentor and coach to the junior members of the team and leading by example
Skills and attributes for success
We are looking for individuals with the passion and commitment to eventually become a Partner in our business.
Applicants should have a proven track record of delivering either Assurance or Advisory services in a selection of the following areas:
- IT Programme Assurance / IT Programme Risk Management
- IT Enabled Business Process Risk and Controls
- IT Programme Governance and Project Management
- IT Risk and Governance
- IT General Controls
To qualify for the role you must have:
- A successful track record in Internal and / or External IT Audit as an experienced Manager with experience gained through a top tier professional services firm or consultancy (e.g. Big 4, Cap Gemini, IBM, or Accenture).
- Working knowledge in major ERP (e.g. SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft, Microsoft Dynamics) implementation approach and project life cycle.
- Previous participation on Business Development activities, including working with clients to identify their needs and working on responses to invitations to tender issued by clients.
Profile / Skills
- Ability to engage with stakeholders and manage cross functional projects
- Ability to manage multiple stakeholder communities with varying levels of experience
- Track record of line managing professional services staff, including coaching and developing staff
- Experience of developing propositions that are current and relevant to our clients
- Ability to develop and deliver high quality output against stated project objectives and meet tight deadlines
What we look for
As an ambassador for the IT Risk & Assurance team, you will need to build a strong network internally and be able to exceed our clients' high expectations. We are seeking high performing individuals who have been recognised for exceeding expectations.
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you'll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions. Plus, we offer:
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.