Senior Internal Audit Analyst
Bupa's purpose is helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives. Our status, as a company limited by guarantee with no shareholders, enables us to make our customers our focus, reinvesting our profits to provide more and better healthcare for current and future customers.
We employ over 84,000 people, principally in the UK, Australia, Spain, Poland, Hong Kong, Chile, Brazil, Saudi Arabia, India, New Zealand, Thailand and the US.
Around 70% of our revenue is from health insurance, with the rest from health and care provision. We fund healthcare around the world and run clinics, hospitals, dental centres, care homes and retirement villages in a number of countries.
We are looking for a Senior Internal Audit Analyst - an ambitious individual who will be proactive in keeping abreast of new developments affecting internal audit work, be responsive to changing business needs, and strives for continuous improvement. The individual should have a desire to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders, including management and Risk & Compliance teams in order to maximize effectiveness, identify synergies and resolve implementation issues.
The job holder should be:
- Qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA, PIIA, CMIIA or equivalent) if from the UK or equivalent overseas qualification.
- A good educational record up to and including degree level (2nd class or above).
- Sound knowledge of risk management and audit principles and an understanding of audit philosophy, methods and techniques e.g. flowcharting, interviewing, presentation.
- Significant and diverse internal audit experience.
- Demonstrable experience of working independently on internal audit reviews as well as in a team environment.
- Strong communication and influencing skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Demonstrable experience of 1) the Insurance industry (preferably PMI) or 2) Healthcare provision industry.
- Strong interest in and good understanding of Bupa and its various activities and businesses.
In addition to the above, this individual will be accountable for the following:
- Lead the planning and execution of audits across Bupa's businesses under the scope of the Internal Audit team suggesting changes to decrease risk, cost and increase control in accordance with the Internal Audit Methodology, processes and procedures
- Identify control weaknesses and opportunities for control improvement, providing appropriate findings to a high standard
- Deliver high quality reports of the results of completed audits to management through excellent verbal and written communication
- Assist in the development of the annual audit plans and provision of advice to the business around audit
- Ability to work autonomously as well as in a team environment taking responsibility for audit planning and development of the audit program, preparing all relevant audit papers and reports and presenting to the business
- Oversight of analysts on individual audits including allocation and review of audit work as well as day to day support and advice
The role holder will be based in Bupa House in London but the position entails a degree of travel within the UK (Up to 30%).
The role will inevitably involve some overtime.
Internal Audit regularly deals with highly commercially sensitive information and the job holder must ensure strict confidentiality is maintained in such circumstances.
All work performed by Internal Audit has a high level of exposure, both internally and externally. It is therefore essential that all work is produced to a high standard and all outputs are of a high quality.
What we'll give you
We'll look after you with our contributory pension scheme, bonus scheme and annual salary review and help balance your home and work life with a flexible holiday entitlement (25 days holiday each year standard).
We'll also help keep you in shape with access to Healthy Minds and Bupa Fit and give you access to regular training and coaching to support and develop you.
More jobs like this
- £70,000 - £79,999 Insurance Business / Corporate Auditor jobs in London (Central)
- £70,000 - £79,999 Insurance Internal Auditor jobs in London (Central)
- £70,000 - £79,999 Insurance Internal Audit Senior jobs in London (Central)
- £70,000 - £79,999 Insurance Risk Analysis jobs in London (Central)
- £70,000 - £79,999 Insurance Risk jobs in London (Central)