Year-End Accountant - £250-£300 a day - Central London University
Your new company
A large central London University.
Your new role
This role will be supporting with year-end within the research department of the university. Please find the details of the role.
- Ensure that all overhead costs and journal adjustments have been made to research accounts to end July.
- Ensure income/ expenditure has been correctly recognised in the accounts according to standard accounting practises.
- Check that coding of funder types has been correctly entered for all active accounts in 16/17, so that reporting to HESA is correct; make amendments where necessary.
- Check capitalisation and depreciation amounts relating to research accounts and keep records of adjustments related to individual research accounts.
- Journals for block grants - recharge of income and expenditure to relevant department and funder codes.
- Ensure that claims made to research funders are timely and accurate.
- Research creditors and debtors accounts.
- Accruals for research accounts.
- Year-end journals for research income.
- VAT reverse charges to end July.
What you'll need to succeed
You must be a strong financial accountant with several years higher education experience dealing with year-end and you must have a good understanding of FRS102 reporting.
What you'll get in return
This role will be for three months and paying up to £300 a day.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.