Internal Audit Manager
We are one of the UKs fastest growing green energy companies supplying 100% renewable electricity and green gas to domestic and business customers. Our sustainable and ethical approach to how we do business, combined with our award winning customer service, gives us high levels of customer and employee engagement.
Our purpose is to provide people with a choice to make a cleaner, greener future together. We do this by providing access to locally sourced renewable energy.We set up and own the UK’s first commercial wind farm and have expanded our energy generation capacity with a portfolio of our own wind and solar farms. The company was founded in 1999, is listed on AIM and now employs over 300 people in the historic market town of Chippenham, Wiltshire.
About the role
Reporting into our Head of Audit and Risk, as Internal Audit Manager you will be responsible for undertaking audit activity and supporting the business in improving its internal control environment.
Internal audit activity will follow a risk based approach and include auditing various aspects of company activity that are complex. Work will be prioritised to reflect significant risks faced by the company and also areas identified as part of company performance reviews including, for example, when amendments are made to systems and reporting.
This is a great opportunity to learn about the renewable energy sector and work very closely with all parts of the business.
- Undertake audit work to identify control and efficiency issues
- Consolidate and present audit findings to appropriate internal stakeholders at the end of each review.
- Facilitate the timely acceptance of management responses, including assessing the relevance of responses and ensuring audit reports are clear and understandable before issuing as final.
- Support risk management activity and preparatory work for Audit Committee within agreed timelines.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of the Audit & Risk function, providing suggestions for improvement and efficiencies and acting on this in conjunction with Head of Audit and Risk.
- Provide education to the business on Audit and Risk, promoting accountability throughout Good Energy at all levels
- Identify clear communication for Employees to escalate risk factors as identified and respond to escalated areas in a timely manner
Having considerable experience of working at a senior level in an Audit and Risk role coupled with the ability to communicate at all levels of an organisation, you will have a demonstrable track record of improving and mitigating the level of risk. With a relevant Finance qualification (ACA / CIMA / ACCA), you’ll have strong analytical skills with a good knowledge and interest in business processes and systems.
You don’t have to have a background in renewable energy but you must be motivated by working for a purpose and values led organisation, and have the capability to learn about a complex industry, fast.
We value taking a straightforward approach in how we work together, being determined and resilient in realising our purpose. We are inclusive and fair in balancing the needs of our people, customer, shareholders and futureholders. We look for people whose personal values and behaviours align with this.
We are a challenger in the energy market and this is an energy company like no other. You will work alongside colleagues who put our customers and our values at the heart of everything they do. You’ll be part of a small and friendly team so expect to make new friends and enjoy team activities outside of work. Just like us and our customers you will have an interest and understanding of environmental issues.
In addition to a competitive salary we also offer a wide range of benefits. Our office in Chippenham is very accessible; just a short drive off the M4 and a two minute walk from the train station.
If you’d like to be part of a multi award winning, innovative and fast growing ethical energy business, we’d love to hear from you. To apply please send a covering letter and a copy of your CV via the 'Apply' button.