(Senior) Assistant Actuarial and Insurance Risk – Non-Life
Get ready for your first or next career move. Thrive in an environment, where you collaborate with experts and where you can bring change. For our growing Actuarial Services team within KPMG's Audit Financial Services department we are looking for a junior non-life insurance actuary. In this position you will closely collaborate with KPMG teams in Switzerland as well as worldwide, and work on both audit and advisory projects.
Responsibilities & Profile
- Support actuarial advisory projects, for instance for Swiss Solvency Test (SST), Solvency II, capital modeling, reserving or price modeling
- Assist in due diligence and modeling projects
- Contribute to the audit of technical reserves at non-life insurance companies using national and international accounting principles (CO, IFRS, US GAAP)
- Help develop offers for new projects
- Experience the current developments in the insurance market and help implement these in practice together with our clients
- Bachelor or Masters degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Physics or Economics
- 1-3 years of professional experience in a similar position in the area of non-life insurance
- You shoud be a go-getter, a client-oriented personality who works well in a team and be analytical, efficient, precise and solution-oriented
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and in writing) in German and English
- Outstanding user knowledge of MS Office; experience with a statistics program is a plus
- Willing to train to become a certified actuary - KPMG will support this endeavor both financially and with time credits
- Targeted career development and internal and external attractive training and further education options
- Possibilities for global and Switzerland-wide mobility across all sectors and locations
- 25-30 days of leave, option for paid overtime (with the exception of management staff); management staff receive an additional 4 to 6 days of leave
- Maternity leave of 16 weeks, paternity leave of 5 days and free advice from the external family service
KPMG as an employer
Your future team
The stimulating and entrepreneurial environment of KPMG is the perfect place to take your career one step further. We offer you a highly engaging culture and a growing team of exceptional professionals where you have the freedom to perform.
KPMG is one of the leading financial audit and advisory services firms in the world. Its international network makes it possible for KPMG to offer clients clear and consistent solutions locally thanks to cross-border know-how. KPMG Switzerland advises both internationally active firms and regionally active SMEs. In addition to quality and industry knowledge, one thing is key for us: client proximity. Together with our clients and organised around their needs, we develop tailor-made solutions in the audit, tax and advisory fields, within the framework of the rules of independence.