Credit Risk Auditor
A leading US bank are looking for a credit risk specialist to join their risk audit function in London.
- The successful individual would be expected to take responsibility for audit work across the EMEA Credit Risk function, both as part of global and EMEA specific audits, and, where required, assisting in the completion of the audit plan supporting market risk.
- This will include: scoping areas to be covered in each audit, performing fieldwork, identifying control gaps/required enhancements, providing recommendations for improvement, and communicating those findings to management.
- The role also involves building up relationships with key Risk clients, and participating in the continuous monitoring process to keep up to date with business, technology and regulatory developments within the Credit Risk function.
- The successful candidate will be expected to have regular dialogue with the Senior Risk Managers in London and other parts of the world, as well as with the broader global Internal Audit team.
What are they looking for?
Basic technical understanding of Credit Risk Management core concepts & methodologies, preferably having worked in risk management internal audit in a bank/financial institution.
- Basic understanding of Basel 2/3 and CRR rules, particularly relating to Credit Risk Management.
- Good analytical skills, with proven ability to perform audits on technical risk management concepts.
- Good understanding of financial products.
- Strong team-working skills to support the broader audit function by leveraging their knowledge to the best use of the Firm.
- Proven ability to build credible relationships with senior management in the Risk function.