EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. The insights and quality services we deliver help build trust and confidence in the capital markets and in economies the world over. We develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders. In so doing, we play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
With this breadth of service offerings you have the opportunity to develop your career through a variety of experiences, mentoring and formal learning to ensure our employee value proposition – Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime – is a reality.
In order to reinforce our audit team we are looking for a Senior Auditor.
Tasks & responsibilities
To acquire the experience and skill set necessary to become a leader of the future whilst delivering high quality and efficient audits and projects.
Your client responsibilities
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively manage the Audit process with appropriate consideration of audit risk issues and accounting technical matters.
- Demonstrate the ability to lead and manage fieldwork on clients sites including liaising with other departments to ensure the smooth delivery of the Audit process.
- Review work prepared by less experienced personnel for sign off by the Manager/Senior Manager.
- Demonstrate an application and solution-based approach to problem solving, referred to for research on delivery of solutions in that field on client assignments
- Demonstrate expertise in primary accounting frameworks (BE GAAP, IFRS and/or US GAAP) and in related financial reporting matters
- Demonstrate expertise in using Global Audit Methodology to perform an assurance engagement in compliance with International standards of Auditing (ISA) and/or US PCAOB Auditing Standards.
- Identify areas requiring improvement in the clients business processes and possible recommendations and prepare and deliver Management Letter to be provided to the client.
Your people responsibilities
- Demonstrate the ability to influence, change and shape the direction of a particular activity, either internally and/or externally
- Coach other less experienced staff through sharing experience and knowledge appropriately.
- Contribute to effective team work in internal engagement situations.
- Provide on-the-job training for developing auditing skills and familiarity with the firm’s audit methodology.
- You obtained a relevant Master Degree in Economics, Business Engineering, Finance,…and have 3 to 5 years External Audit Experience
- You have knowledge of Belgian & International accounting standards.. (Knowledge and experience in US GAAP is considered an asset, but is not a prerequisite).
- You are client oriented and have excellent communication skills including report writing, questioning and basic presentation skills
- You own research and analysis skills, including how to verify, challenge and interpret information used to create financial statements or other business data
- You are a team player and have great coaching skills
- You are eager to learn
- You are fluent in French and/or English.
- A challenging position within a leading international company
- Room for personal development
- An interesting salary package with fringe benefits