6 days left
About the firm
The Deloitte in Bermuda team is dedicated to providing Audit, Tax, Financial Advisory, Actuarial, Risk Advisory and Consulting services to clients across multiple industries in the private and public sectors. Our client service teams combine local knowledge from Deloitte in Bermuda with deep expertise from Deloitte’s international network in more than 150 countries. With 150 professionals in Bermuda, our integrated approach delivers keen insights and industry knowledge to clients. Our objective is to help our clients excel by anticipating tomorrow’s agenda with focused, insightful and fresh thinking borne out of our multidisciplinary strengths. We draw upon our specialist skills both within Bermuda and across the Deloitte network to help clients succeed wherever they operate.
Our Purpose and Strategy
To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society - defines who we are and what we stand for. Our purpose provides the foundation for our strategy and our aspiration to be the undisputed leader in professional services: this is not about size, it's about being the first choice. The first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
About the team
Auditing is a highly complex process, and the importance of auditors as a vital link in the financial reporting chain has never been more important nor their role as trusted advisors more valued. Our Audit team of more than 200 professionals across the region serve many of the Caribbean and Bermuda’s publically owned companies and private businesses. Our outstanding professionals provide a range of audit and advisory services to assist clients in achieving their business objectives, managing their risk and improving their business performance.
About the role
We offer successful candidates an 18 month contract commencing in either October or January each year. As an Audit Senior, you will have the opportunity to provide audit, accounting and related advisory services to our clients in Financial Services. You will act as a lead member of an engagement team and be responsible for performing all aspects of the engagement, including planning, fieldwork, research on audit and accounting issues, reviewing financial statements and disclosures, coordinating and clearing all levels of review. Responsibilities will vary depending upon the scope and nature of the engagement.
- Ensure quality in delivering client service by directing daily progress of fieldwork and testing, reporting directly to Managers and Partners on engagement status and managing performance of Associates
- Conduct risk and business cycle analysis of clients' business to develop appropriate audit plans to address identified risks and to ensure accurate reporting
- Effectively manage client relationships on a timely basis
- Supervise multiple concurrent engagements and direct the preparation and completion of reports, accounts and financial statements
- Assume responsibility for advanced components of engagements and be accountable for their own deliverables as well as supervising and reviewing the work of Associates
- Supervise financial reporting, filing and compliance assurance engagements for clients as required
- Mentor Associates by coaching and assisting them in the management of all aspects of their work
- Internationally recognized professional accounting qualification: (ACCA, CPA, CA, ACA or other designation as accepted by the local accounting institute)
- 2 to 3 years audit experience with a Public practice firm, (Big 4 preferred)
- Strong in-charge or senior experience required
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP/GAAS, IFRS and/or International Accounting Standards as required
- Experience in financial services industries is considered an asset
- Exposure to PCAOB and SEC reporting requirements is desirable
Additional desirable experience includes:
- Strong commitment to professional client service excellence
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of accounting principles and financial reports
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to lead a team effectively and help coach junior team members
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office required; Excel, Word and Outlook •Ability to work well in a culturally diverse team-oriented environment and independently
Other benefits of joining our team include:
- Learning opportunities and industry expertise through in-house training, technical updates and e-learning
- Career mentor and coach
- Early responsibility and empowerment
- A fast-tracked career where promotion is based on merit, not on years of service
- Low income tax paired with competitive compensation packages
- A flexible and collaborative work environment combined with warm weather, beautiful beaches and an outdoor lifestyle
Deloitte has a strong presence in the countries of the Caribbean and Bermuda marketplace, with more than 500 professionals dedicated to bringing their talents to bear on clients' unique issues. The Deloitte Caribbean and Bermuda Countries serve the English-speaking Caribbean from offices in the Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, British and United States Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands and Trinidad & Tobago.
Deloitte CBC is a member of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, one of the world’s leading professional services firms in audit, tax, financial advisory and consulting. With a globally connected network of member firms in more than 150 countries and territories, Deloitte brings world-class capabilities and high-quality service to clients, delivering the insights they need to address their most complex business challenges. Deloitte’s more than 210,000 professionals are committed to making an impact that matters.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deloitte Ltd. is an affiliate of DCB Holding Limited, the Deloitte Caribbean and Bermuda Countries (CBC) member firm of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited. The Deloitte team in Bermuda is dedicated to providing audit, tax, financial advisory, actuarial, secondment, enterprise risk and consulting services to clients across multiple industries in the private and public sectors. Our objective is to make an impact that matters by building long-term relationships and delivering measurable value for our clients' businesses.
Please click the 'Apply' button to start the application process.
More searches like this
- Advisory Professional Services $90,000 - $99,999 jobs in Cayman Islands
- Assurance Professional Services $90,000 - $99,999 jobs in Cayman Islands
- Audit Consultant Professional Services $90,000 - $99,999 jobs in Cayman Islands
- External Audit Senior Professional Services $90,000 - $99,999 jobs in Cayman Islands