Audit Senior Associates - Assurance Centre of Excellence
Assurance is currently looking to recruit several Senior Associates to complement our existing team as we enter a growth period. We are recruiting across the NW Offices in Manchester and have a number of opportunities available within our Assurance Centre of Excellence (CoE).
Within the Assurance CoE you will utilise cutting edge technology to execute delivery of more complex and judgmental Assurance activities across the breadth of PwCs UK client base.
In this position you will have a key delivery where you will utilise and further develop your knowledge and skills. Our Assurance services use the latest technology and off shore delivery centres, to reduce the level of manual testing required by our teams in the UK, ensuring our people focus on the most valuable areas of client service.
We have a diverse client base and work as a diverse team, welcoming people from a range of backgrounds. We are an inclusive organisation who celebrates difference.
You will be expected to provide a range of Assurance services and business advice to a variety of clients from small, fast growing clients to large corporate entities. Our clients are often well known brands, covering most industry areas, and many have broad international reach
We have a range of opportunities available in the areas of:
- Auditing of Pensions balances; and / or
- Auditing of Share Based Payments
- Auditing of tax
However the list of areas delivered by the CoE is expected to grow rapidly, in line with strategy, over the next 5 years. This will provide a unique opportunity to build a depth as well as breadth of experience in more complex areas of Assurance.
In this position you will have a key delivery role on Assurance assignments where you will utilise and further develop your knowledge and skills.
As a Senior Associate within the Assurance CoE you will:
- Execute the audit in these more complex areas, in line with technical (both accounting and auditing) requirements and operating procedures.
- Provide coaching and support to more junior team members.
- Liaise with clients and complete audit assignments.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with new and established audit clients.
- Work and liaise with other members of the audit team and colleagues in other parts of the firm as necessary to provide a high quality client service.
- Utilise your strong business awareness and sound reporting skills.
- Have the chance to give back to community and social welfare projects, often using your business skill.
- Access to internal mobility both nationally and internationally.
As part of an Assurance CoE you will make a difference by:
- Develop deep, respected specialisms in more complex areas.
- Work with brilliant, high performing experts in their field.
- Make a difference, by driving innovation and thought leadership.
- Work across a diverse client base.
- Interact directly with clients, but do so virtually – enabling you to work more flexibly than is typically possible.
- Help drive PwC Assurance strategy, by shaping a critical element of our delivery model.
These roles will be based in our new and aspirational Manchester office, with a range of flexible working options also being available once initial training and set-up activities have been completed.
Successful candidates will have:
- At least part completed their accounting qualification.
- A drive and aptitude to build deep accounting and auditing specialisms in more complex areas.
- A willingness to drive change by:
- helping further define the CoE model
- embracing virtual working and other technology;
- defining and leveraging our virtual working practices of the future.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, at all levels.
- Strong influencing skills.
- An ability to work under own initiative, and under pressure.
- A willingness to build relationships with other PwC specialists to better provide a high quality, efficient and robust service.
- A desire to challenge the status quo.
- Demonstrable experience of managing multiple engagements.
- Demonstrable experience of coaching junior members of teams to develop both technical and professional skills.
- Experience in applying professional skills in the audit of pension balances or share based payments is highly desirable.
This role offers the potential for flexible working. It is expected, at most, only very minimal travel will be required with the vast majority of interactions (with clients and core engagement teams) being virtual in nature.
Assurance is a dynamic place to be right now, and the variety of opportunities on offer is unprecedented. It’s work that really does matter. It matters for businesses, governments and society at large. Our team provides confidence on the most complex decisions companies have to take and this provides a wealth of opportunities to everyone who joins us and works with us.
The skills we look for in future employees
All our people need to demonstrate the skills and behaviours that support us in delivering our business strategy. This is important to the work we do for our business, and our clients. These skills and behaviours make up our global leadership framework, ‘The PwC Professional’ and are made up of five core attributes; whole leadership, technical capabilities, business acumen, global acumen and relationships.
We work in a changing world which offers great opportunities for people with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We seek to attract and employ the best people from the widest talent pool, as well as those who reflect the diverse nature of our society. And we aim to encourage a culture where people can be themselves and be valued for their strengths. Creating value through diversity is what makes us strong as a business and as an organisation with an increasingly agile workforce, we're open to flexible working arrangements where appropriate.