Inspection Generale - Global Markets & ALMT Auditor
BNP Paribas Overview
BNP Paribas has a presence in 75 countries with more than 185,000 employees, including 145,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
Inspection Generale proposes you a great opportunity to utilise your markets experience, with no previous audit experience required.
Inspection Generale is recognised internally as a key talent pool within the BNPP Group. A comprehensive training programme is in place to ensure continued professional development. Having performed successfully in this role (3 years duration in average), you will have the benefit of a broad range of career opportunities within BNPP, both within Inspection Generale (progressing to the Head of Assignment position or to other teams or locations) and within other entities of the Group.
In charge of periodic control, Inspection Generale carries out the function of internal audit and contributes to the protection of the activity and reputation of BNP Paribas Group. It is headed by the Inspecteur General, who reports directly to the Group CEO. The main focus is to help the organisation accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of the risk management, control and governance processes.
Within Inspection Generale, the Hub Paris CIB, UK & Middle East Regions includes a team dedicated to the audit of market activities (Global Markets and ALM Treasury) in London and Paris, for which we continuously look for talented people with a material markets background, who want to pursue their career in the same environment.
Successful candidates will operate as a member of a highly qualified team of approximately 25 auditors, specialised in Global Markets (Equity Derivatives, FXLM & Commodity Derivatives, G10 Rates, Prime Solutions & Financing, Primary & Credit Markets) and ALM Treasury. Our audit scope covers the Front Office of these activities as well as their related Support and Control Functions (Global Markets Operations, RISK Global Markets, RISK I2S, Compliance, Legal, Finance etc.), mainly in London and Paris (and to a lesser extent in other locations in Europe, Middle East and South Africa). The audit assignments cover the main risks surrounding these activities (namely market, credit, counterparty and settlement risk, ALM risk, business and strategic risk, compliance risk and operational risk), with in-depth analyses to be developed on these matters. Auditors will work on assignments (3 per year) covering different activities and themes across the audit perimeter, generally with a Front-to-Back approach.
Our team provides employees with an excellent grounding in all aspects of the business and the organisation. The main benefit of the role is (i) the opportunity to leverage the expertise developed as part of previous experiences, (ii) to widen knowledge and understanding of the Global Markets and ALM Treasury activities – and related risks, (iii) to develop new skillsets, both soft and technical and (iv) to gain material exposure to the Senior Managers in these areas, with regular interactions enabling strong relationships to be built.
You will be performing risk-based audit reviews and recommend solutions to address the identified weaknesses.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Developing a thorough understanding of the audited entities and their related risks, through numerous interactions with the main stakeholders;
- Ensuring that risks are under control, with a setup in line with regulations and internal procedures;
- Issuing recommendations in order to remediate identified gaps in the control setup;
- Assessing the quality of management actions;
- Presenting conclusions to the Senior Management.
Skills & Experience Required:
- No audit experience required
- Strong academic background
- Significant practical experience of working within a Front Office environment (ideally trading, sales, structuring or research) or a directly related Support or Control Function
- Ability to work within a close-knit team
- Curiosity, rigor, precision
- Ability to synthesize
- Excellent adaptation skills
- High level of initiative and drive
- Committed, self-driven and ability to work under pressure
- First class interpersonal and communication skills
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making decisions, and escalate issues to your manager when unsure.
- [For managers only] Take responsibility for your team’s conduct and conduct risks.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button and search for the role by entering INS000072 in Job Number search bar.
Please note that all applicants must disclose whether that they possess the right to work in the U.K. as per the Immigration, Asylum, and Nationality Act of 2006.
More searches like this
- Business / Corporate Auditor Financial Services €150,000 or more jobs in London (Greater)
- Internal Auditor Financial Services €150,000 or more jobs in London (Greater)
- Internal Audit Senior Financial Services €150,000 or more jobs in London (Greater)
- Corporate Governance & GRC Financial Services €150,000 or more jobs in London (Greater)