Compliance & Risk Officer
Compliance & Risk Officer job - up to £40k - General Insurance - Financial Services - Southern Essex
Your new company
Hays is pleased to be working with a leading international insurance provider in sourcing for an experienced Compliance and Risk Officer to join their team.
Your new role
This is a broad role providing compliance and risk management support to the business. You will be providing compliance services and activity in accordance with regulations (FCA rules, guidelines and principles) and business requirements. Whilst identifying areas of improvement to risk management, Internal Control, governance frameworks and systems and controls throughout the UK. To monitor and maintain compliance and risk management policies and procedures and to liaise and work with Business Area Managers in all divisions to ensure enforcement of those policies/procedures. Amongst other duties you will:
- Ensure that any requests for information from the FCA, are responded to in a timely basis.
- Positively promote and embed a commercial compliance culture.
- Actively identify potential Risk and Compliance issues, assess them, provide appropriate solutions and implementation.
- Provide management and business areas with compliance, regulatory and procedural advise where necessary.
- Advise senior management on the design and implementation of systems and procedures necessary.
- Act as the point of contact for technical guidance, contractual issues and policy interpretation issues with regards to compliance matters.
- Identify areas of control improvement and efficiency.
- Undertake financial and operational reviews within the UK Divisions, reviewing contracts, policy, procedure and processes.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have previous experience in a similar broad compliance and risk role gained from within a regulated Financial Services business - Ideally General Insurance. Processing a strong technical knowledge and practical understanding of FCA rules and regulations, and the ability to extract relevant guidance and current regulatory issues. Experience of audit and audit procedures, forecasting/budgeting, contracts, and the ability to systematically gather information from a variety of sources, to analyse information, identify implications of data and to generate viable alternative solutions to any questions or problems. As well as knowledge of financial processes, analytical skills with an operational audit background within the financial services sector would be beneficial.
What you'll get in return
A salary of up to £40,000 + company bonus and benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.