Auditor - Inspection Générale (Securities Services & International Financial Services)
You will operate as a member of a highly qualified Audit Hub of approximately 78 auditors. The Hub’s remit is to provide audit services to the Businesses, Operations and Functions in France, UK, Ireland, Channel Islands, Middle-East and South Africa in close liaison with Senior Management and Head Office entities. The main focus is to help the organisation accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control and governance processes.
As a member of the Securities Services & International Financial Services Audit team, you will have responsibility for undertaking audit reviews across the CIB (Securities Services) and International Financial Services business lines covering:
- BNP Paribas Securities Services
- BNP Paribas Cardif (Insurance)
- BNP Paribas Asset Management
- BNP Paribas Wealth Management
- BNP Paribas Real Estate
Our Audit Hub provides employees with an excellent grounding in all aspects of the business, and regular interaction with Management enables strong relationships to be built, allowing a robust grounding in all aspects of the businesses.
Having performed successfully in this role, the individual will have the benefit of a broad range of career opportunities within the Group - both within Internal Audit and wider business lines/functions; in the UK and abroad. A comprehensive training programme is in place to ensure continued professional development.
Overall Job Purpose
To complement the existing skillset within the London-based Securities Services & International Financial Services team by means of contributing product knowledge grounded in practical business experience. The Auditor will play an active role in the CIB, UK & ME Regions Hub, performing risk-based audit reviews and recommending solutions to identified issues and weaknesses.
- Participate in audit assignments from the planning phase through to audit recommendations follow-up.
- Provide conclusions and recommendations on the audit and present these to the relevant key audit stakeholders.
- Contribute to comprehensive and value-adding audit reports.
- Maintain audit documentation in accordance with IG standards and in the IG audit tool.
- Perform periodic Risk Assessments where the input contributes to the audit planning process.
There may also be opportunities to participate in other reviews within the Paris CIB, UK & ME Regions scope outside the core business line coverage, ad-hoc investigations including Quality Assurance Reviews at other geographical locations, Regulatory assignments and non-lead roles in detailed investigations/Special Assignments.
- Product knowledge related to 1 or more of the businesses this role supports
- Past experience from an audit or consultancy department covering e.g. organisation, quality assurance, project management, risk management or operational risk is an advantage.
- Willingness to travel if necessary (mainly UK, Channel Islands and Paris) – not more than 25%
- Technical: Academic background in Finance / Banking with good understanding of the UK regulation
Essential Skills / Competencies
- Strong analytical skills: including ability to understand quickly the critical steps in a process, synthesise and process complex information and understand the related risks of various nature.
- Good drive: motivated and proactive
- Thorough and organised with an ability to prioritise.
- First class communication skills: ability to listen, clear oral and written communication.
- Ability to work in a team.
To apply for this role, please click the 'Apply' button and search for the role by entering FIN001378 in Job Number search bar.
More searches like this
- Audit Consultant Financial Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Business / Corporate Auditor Financial Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Internal Auditor Financial Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Corporate Governance & GRC Financial Services £80,000 - £89,999 jobs in London (Central)