AML Compliance Assistant
AML Compliance Assistant | Commercial Law Firm, Edinburgh | Permanent, Full-time | £20000 - 24000
Your new company
A leading Commercial Law firm based in Edinburgh is seeking to appoint an Anti-Money Laundering Compliance Assistant on a permanent basis.
Your new role
Reporting directly to the AML Partner, you will play an influential part to ensure the firm's ongoing compliance with Anti-Money Laundering regulations, whist taking on any other reasonable duties as requested by your line manager. You will monitor funds received on the firm's client account and report any unusual activity to the firm's MLRO.
- Review and ensure money laundering verification forms received for clients on a daily basis comply with the relevant Anti-Money Laundering Regulations in force and the firm's internal processes and procedures;
- Challenge where required the completed content of the Money laundering verification forms and directly liaise with fee earners/secretaries to obtain a satisfactory response;
- Timeously check in and appropriately respond to Anti-Money Laundering documentation received including correspondence/e-mails received by the Anti-Money Laundering team;
- Report on clients who do not have appropriate anti money laundering verification carried out and liaise with partners to ensure this is obtained.
What you'll need to succeed
- Previous experience of working in a commercial/ law/ banking/ financial environment.
- Experience in a compliance/risk management role.
- Operational Anti-Money Laundering experience
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure, to strict deadlines, and to exercise initiative.
- Ability to solve problems in a practical and methodical way.
- Excellent customer service attitude and strong attention to detail are essential.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong competency in Word, Excel, and Power point
- Willingness to take responsibility for decisions
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary with excellent benefits and a performance related bonus.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.