The Audit Senior works as part of an audit team or takes responsibility for running the audit, working directly with the client under manager supervision. The Audit Senior manages the audit team and supervises the audit process to ensure our audits are of high quality.
- Assists in the planning, execution and finalisation of all areas of the audit assignment for manager or partner review, seeking input for areas of concern and judgement.
- Predominant amount of time will be spent off-site at clients’ premises.
- Identifies risk matters and raises with a manager and/or partner, while exercising judgement within agreed parameters.
- Produce work for the Manager and/or Partner review clearly highlighting issues and providing potential solutions to issues identified.
- Identify and understand client needs, suggest potential solutions on technical matters and communicate and agree client needs and potential solutions with managers.
- Active engagement with senior client staff in order to gain a good understanding of their business and ensure the efficient execution of the audit
- Take primary responsibility for monitoring progress against budget, and when the actual differs from the budget then gain a full understanding for the Manager.
- Supervise, coach and develop junior members of staff within teams, on client premises and in the office.
- Ensure compliance with internal (audit methodology and risk management) and external (regulatory) requirements
- Participate in group, stream and firm wide activities
- Newly Qualified ACA/ICAS Qualified or overseas equivalent.
- Educated up to degree level or CTS.
- Experience supervising and coaching junior members of staff on site.
- Working knowledge of UK and International GAAS, IFRS, UK GAAP and Financial Reporting requirements.
- Working knowledge of firm services, issues regarding advice, and regulation and compliance, including anti-money laundering.
- Demonstrable knowledge of current economic and market trends.
- Sector experience.
- Experience with listed clients.
- Experience auditing international groups.
BDO, the 5th largest accountancy firm globally, is changing the perception of accountancy by taking an innovative and dynamic approach to core industry practices whilst offering a truly consultative service to a diverse portfolio of clients across a range of sectors.
BDO offers a working environment where you can grow, excel and pursue your specific goals and career aspirations. You will be provided with the support and guidance you need to enhance your skills and strengths. Very few firms offer the level of experience and responsibility that BDO provides its employees. If you want to be a part of a friendly and inclusive working environment, and a culture that promotes the core values of honesty and integrity, consider a career with BDO today
Apply for Audit Senior
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Assurance Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Audit Consultant Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- External Auditor Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- External Audit Senior Professional Services £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in London (Greater)