Markets Senior Auditor - Conduct Risk
Internal Audit is a global organization of 2000 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi’s numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe.
This role executes and directs the timely delivery of high quality, value added audit assurance work covering a portfolio of Global Markets businesses with particular focus on risks and controls relating to conduct and supervision.
This is a Senior Auditor role focusing on supporting the audit coverage for Global Markets businesses, with a particular focus on Markets-wide initiatives, remediation projects, risk assessment, annual planning, business monitoring, audit execution and reporting for thematic Markets supervision and conduct issues.
- Executes Audit Assurance deliverables covering supervision and conduct controls across Markets businesses, in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and Citigroup and Citibank policies.
- Delivers on time high quality audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation, as well as supporting business monitoring deliverables.
- Works on potentially complex and critical sections of audit engagements, including developing testing strategy, executing audit assurance programs and drafting and reporting control issues.
- Possesses a good understanding of Internal Audit standards and knowledge of Global Markets activities.
- Develops effective stakeholder relationships and demonstrates understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the corporation and how they impact the overall control environment.
- Uses excellent communication skills in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product/ function partners.
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity.
- Possesses good project management and interpersonal skills, makes sound decisions.
- Analyses reported findings; recommends appropriate interventions and improvements where needed.
- Proposes creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems. Partners with internal audit and business colleagues to develop approaches for addressing broader corporate emerging issues.
Qualifications and Competencies
- BA/BS or equivalent. Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA or similar) are a plus.
- Similar experience in a related role covering risk and controls assurance with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables.
- Demonstrates experience in executing challenging audits and controls testing work within a matrix reporting environment.
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer