Zueitina Oil one of the leading oil and gas production companies in Libya is seeking an accomplished professional for their Internal Auditing Department. Applications are welcomed for this challenging position based at the company’s headquarters in the Mediterranean City of Tripoli.
The job reports directly to the Company’s General Auditor and is responsible for developing and evaluating a comprehensive, long-range programme of audit coverage for both the financial and other areas of Zueitina Oil’s business operations. Extensive oral and written presentation to senior management is a key component of the work brief and which in turn generates proposals for improving operations and reducing costs. The Company’s business is conducted in English and only applicants with complete command of the language can be considered.
The functions and responsibility
- Analyse and evaluate explanatory data obtained through audit techniques applied to determine the adequacy of knowledge and effectiveness of the functioning of the system and increase the efficiency of programme reviews.
- Prepare written and oral presentations to company management during review of audit reports and to clarify the short comings and make suggestions regarding corrective actions to improve performance and reduce costs.
- Preparation of draft reports reflecting the views and opinions regarding the adequacy and effectiveness of regulations efficient performance of activities.
- Review the draft report and develop ideas and proposal in the form of a final report.
- Assess the feasibility and effectiveness of corrective actions taken to address deficiencies and improve performance.
- Prepare long-range programme of audit coverage within the financial and other areas assigned by the General Auditor.
- Classifies audit projects as to degree of risk and significance and as to frequency of audit coverage.
- Surveys functions and activities in the assigned areas to determine the nature of operation and the adequacy of the internal controls.
- Determines the auditing procedure to be used, including statistical sampling.
- Any other work assigned to it by the general auditor directly.
Candidates should be graduates and hold a recognised professional accounting or auditing qualification. At least 8 years’ post qualification experience, including some oil industry background, is required for consideration. IT literacy is essential.
Zueitina Oil Company offers a generous, married status expatriate remuneration package including: Long term, annually renewable contracts / Free furnished accommodation, [utilities gratis] / 30 days annual leave with airfares paid to point of origin.
Reference must be quoted in all applications.
Apply for Auditor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly