6 days left
Join our Investigations, Monitoring and Enforcement directorate in London and you’ll become part of a dynamic and diverse team that truly makes a difference every single day.
About the job
We are focused on identifying and investigating apparent misconduct, mismanagement and abuse in Charities - it could be fraud, financial abuse, money laundering or safeguarding issues. The job isn’t about banging down doors or surveillance, but it is about following leads, liaising with trustees and working within charity law and other legal frameworks to achieve great regulatory outcomes for the sector and more importantly the Public.
The Charity Commission regulates more than 167,000 charities across England and Wales with over £76 billion of charity income. Making sure that money is protected and properly applied is a huge responsibility. And the scope and profile of our work is growing and changing. Fast. There’s no shortage of variety, intellectual challenge or opportunities as we work to boost public trust and confidence in charities.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- You are an outstanding investigator – this is a hands-on role.
- You enjoy tackling cases of non-compliance and abuse, including financial abuse, money laundering and abuse of vulnerable beneficiaries
- You have a sound knowledge of investigative and evidence gathering techniques coupled with robust analytical skills
- You have a track-record of proportionate, comprehensive and considered decision-making
- You can keep meticulous records, maintain grip and pace on your investigations and can demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
It would be great if you also had experience of working in close liaison with senior managers, Legal, Intelligence and Accountancy teams and wider external agencies. Even better would be experience in applying risk frameworks, giving evidence in court or tribunals and helping to develop great working relationships with other government departments, regulators and agencies, particularly where fraud and safeguarding are concerned.
You should be:
- A true professional who can make effective and sound decisions
- A great team player, supportive and trusting who takes responsibility and accountability for quality outcomes
- A phenomenal communicator, sensitive to the needs of others who can build excellent relationships with our business partners both inside and outside the Civil Service
- Somebody who is determined to keep an open mind, better themselves and share their knowledge and expertise with others
- A person who can plan, organise and manage their time to deliver the best quality and efficient service
- An energetic and enthusiastic self-motivator dedicated to delivering what we want in an often challenging and shifting environment
In return, we’ll provide:
- An additional London Allowance of £4,245
- A family friendly working environment offering outstanding flexibility in both working patterns and ability to work from home
- Exceptional learning & development opportunities aiding your career advancement
- A generous Civil Service pension scheme
- Paid overtime
- The Perkbox scheme - free mobile phone insurance, discounts on gym membership, cinema tickets and restaurants etc.
- Interest-free season ticket loan/bicycle loan after two months.
The opportunity to make an impact to people’s lives in the UK in a sector worth £76 billion supporting around 170,000 charities and their 700,000 trustees.
Closing date: 26 Jul 2018
More searches like this
- Compliance Public Sector £20,000 - £29,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Forensic / Fraud Public Sector £20,000 - £29,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Risk Analysis Public Sector £20,000 - £29,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Regulation Public Sector £20,000 - £29,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Financial Crime Public Sector £20,000 - £29,999 jobs in London (Greater)