Internal Audit Manager - Spanish and/or German speaker
Are you excited to be part of a dynamic consumer/leisure business with a passionate culture where you can grow your career long term?
This major multinational consumer/leisure business has a number of market leading brands within the sector and offers a diverse range of products/services to a wide customer base through a variety of channels. It has a “customer obsessed” culture and is undertaking significant investment plans – particularly with regard to systems, marketing and technology which makes it an interesting time to be joining the business.. The rapid evolution of customer expectations and buying patterns make this a dynamic and challenging yet fun business to join.
The European internal audit team of 35 is split across 4 locations and divided into sub-teams which focus on different areas of the business/functional areas. Audit is well regarded across the business due to its pro-active approach to engaging with senior stakeholders. This particular team is based North of London but is easily accessible from London in c30 minutes (plus you get a substantial discount on rail travel).
Reviews are risk-based and tend to be biased towards operational reviews rather than financial controls. The reviews cover the full scope of the operations of the business, offering exposure to the most senior stakeholders and the opportunity to really learn about this fast-paced and exciting business.
This opportunity has been created due to one of the audit team progressing into a commercial finance role within the Marketing function so there is a clear progression route from audit. In fact most previous members of the team have progressed internally into a wide range of financial roles and/or moved internationally.
Reporting to the Regional Head of Audit, you will undertake:
- The planning, execution and reporting of audits
- Providing specialist advice and recommendations to ensure an effective Internal Controls system
- Analysing and monitoring the risk environment within your remit, considering available information as the basis for audit planning and identification of potential ad-hoc audit requirements
- Assessment of the adequacy of 2nd Lines of Defence and adapt your audit approach accordingly
- Developing and maintaining strong relations with the relevant stakeholders and being seen as a go to “ambassador” for the audit function
As the ideal candidate you will:
- Be of degree calibre with a strong academic record and preferably an MBA, Masters or accounting/audit qualification
- Have a minimum of 4-5 years’ experience in planning and performing risk based audits in a complex international environment
- EITHER have a background in the risk service line of a large practice environment OR
- Have a combined back ground in external audit coupled with at least 1-2 years within the internal audit function of a multinational business
- Have native level fluency in English and a high degree of fluency in either Spanish or German
- Have a strong grasp of the big picture, commercial view and a logical & analytical approach to quickly understand complex situations in a constantly changing and challenging business environment
- Have excellent communication, relationship building and negotiation skills (both written and oral), to manage key stakeholders in an multi-cultural environment
- Have a highly motivated personality with a proactive approach to work, ambitions to move forward and a strong team player who is receptive and open to feedback
- Be willing to travel in Europe for typically 40% of your time (absolute maximum 50%)
On offer is salary of c£55,000 plus bonus (20% - with a strong track record of paying out), generous pension, PMI and a substantial discount scheme. Please note that you must be eligible to work in the UK without the need for sponsorship to be considered for this opportunity.
Apply for Internal Audit Manager - Spanish and/or German speaker
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly