Assistant Internal Audit Manager (with SOX) - FTSE and NYSE listed business
One of Ireland’s largest businesses, a FTSE 100 and NYSE listed business, with audit hubs all over the world are searching for an Audit Assistant Manager to join their SOX team, within one of the World’s largest audit teams (circa 70 auditors).
The role will be based in their Dublin office, with travel to other locations around Europe area (and possibly through to N. America and S. America) around 30-40% of the time. Auditors in this Group are recruited as leaders of the future and the company has a strong history of promoting up in audit or into the business within a relative short period of time.
- Working to ensure annual SOX compliance is achieved.
- Planning and prioritising work to meet deadlines for deliverables.
- Supporting new acquisitions to rollout and comply with SOX 404 requirements.
- Co-ordinating and communicating with internal and external audit teams, helping to deliver the annual audit plan.
- Supporting the internal audit team and performing ad-hoc special projects, as needed.
- Encourage streamlining within the Group through the use of technology.
- Continuously looking to improve the quality of SOX testing work performed throughout the group.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a large accounting firm, ideally with an accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIA/CFE/etc.).
- Practical commercial experience in either a Top 10 practice or in industry.
- Experience in Corporate Governance, Internal Control, Evaluation and Compliance and Substantive Testing.
- Sarbanes Oxley experience
- A good understanding of accounting principles and internal control.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Proficiency in another language (e.g. French, German, Dutch, Polish, Hungarian, Romanian or Spanish) would be highly desirable, but not necessary.
- Excellent financial and analytical skills
- Strong written and IT skills
- Initiative, commitment and objectivity
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills to be able to build effective client relationships
- Highly motivated and able to work pro-actively in ever-changing environment
- Flexible with ability to adapt as needs require & willingness to travel
- Ambitious with desire to progress and develop
If you feel a progressive, international role for one of the World’s market leaders is for you, please get in touch.