Senior Internal Auditor
What you’ll be doing...
You’ll join our audit team that will allow you to positively impact the way we do business. This group will provide you the foundation to be a change agent, providing objective evaluations of our internal systems and processes to identify areas of risk and operational and/or technology efficiency. Your highly visible role will involve collaborating with other members of the internal audit team and business units to review existing practices. Developing plans and supporting your internal partners to understand the key role they play in maintaining strong internal controls will be critical in reducing risk, increasing operational efficiency, and protecting our shareholders, customers, and employees.
- Designing and executing financial, operational, or technology audit programs that target high-risk areas in the company’s controls, systems, and processes.
- Identifying gaps and areas for improvement and evaluating their significance and potential business impact to improve process effectiveness.
- Presenting practical recommendations to senior leaders and preparing written audit reports to document your findings.
- Collaborating with and educating process owners regarding the importance of maintaining strong internal controls and the role of internal audit.
- Being a high visibility leader to drive organizational change and guide the business to a successful future state.
- Attending learning programs, training & networking sessions while preparing yourself to become a future leader in our organization through a defined career path.
What we’re looking for...
You’re a team player who enjoys collaborating with various stakeholders to achieve winning outcomes. You understand the importance of keeping the lines of communication across all levels to earn trust. You listen carefully with an intent to understand. You like digging into the details and coming up with recommendations that will have a big impact.
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or four or more years of work experience.
- Four or more years of relevant work experience.
Even better if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field.
- Five or more years of relevant work experience.
- Your CPA, CIA, CISA, CISSP certification earned or in progress or other relevant certification.
- Public accounting, information systems, risk, and operational based audit experience.
- Experience with ACL, Idea, Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server, Visual Basic, Microsoft.NET framework, Microsoft Access, SQL, Microsoft Exchange, or Hyperion applications.
- Audit experience in a Big 4 Public Accounting firm.
- Experience managing projects.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Willingness to travel up to 35% of the time.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
For consideration, please apply online by clicking the 'Apply' button below.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Please note: You must be legally entitled to live and work in the United States to be eligible for this role.