Audit Assistant Manager - Big 4 Firm
Our client, a Big 4 firm, seeks an Assistant Audit Manager for its Reading based audit team; working with everyone from small start-ups and individuals to major multinationals, in virtually every industry imaginable.
As a newly qualified auditor you would join the firm as an Assistant Manager, reporting directly into a Manager, Senior Manager or Director. At this level you can expect to start in-charging smaller teams of up to 2-3 people but have the opportunity to quickly build your portfolio and in-charge larger jobs in the future if you can demonstrate the right potential to do so. We can also offer you exposure to clients reporting under IFRS, UK GAAP and US GAAP, as well those that comply with SOX regulations in this role.
The Assistant Manager role offers you the chance to take responsibility for project managing all aspects of the audit engagement. This includes managing client relationships, budgeting and monitoring financial performance, and identifying business development opportunities. As the Reading office has a full service offering there might be opportunities to work with colleagues from other functions on ad hoc projects and further broaden your knowledge and experience.
Other responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Demonstrating practical knowledge of UK GAAP, IFRS, and IAS Identifying, researching and helping to resolve complex audit issues
- Supervising and coaching junior members of staff to help them realise their full potential
- Building relationships with the client staff and acting as an ambassador for the firm
- Keeping up to date with the firm's product and service offerings and identifying the sales opportunities that will help us grow our business
- Reporting to audit managers and partners on all salient points arising from audits
Skills / Experience / Attributes:
- Recently qualified ACA, ACCA or equivalent qualification
- Candidates who are exam qualified and/or nearing full qualification will be considered
- Recent and significant experience as an external auditor in a professional services environment, including exposure to mixed sector corporate clients
- Good working knowledge of UK GAAP and IFRS
- Strong IT literacy, including Excel, PowerPoint and Word