Internal Audit Manager - Finance
This operational management role focuses on the delivery of an agreed portfolio of audits and controls assurance programme covering a range financial risks including financial processing, reporting and planning and forecasting risks.
In this role you will bring challenge and insight to the delivery of a portfolio of audits and controls assurance programme focused on the financial risks. Integration of the detailed controls assurance required to support internal and external reporting and forecasting with the wider audit programme. As an integral member of the Internal Audit management team you will maintain the internal audit function through recruitment and on the job coaching.
Travel is required UK/NA and other offshore facilities as required to understand the business.
The Job Role:
- Manage scheduling and resourcing of the Audit and Controls Assurance Plan to deliver adequate assurance around the financial risks
- Work with business stakeholders and assurance functions to scope audits and control assurance activity in accordance with identified risks
- Assure the quality of audit planning, testing and reporting in line with the Standards set within the function, seeking out opportunities for improvement
- Raise issues identified during the audits and controls assurance activity on a timely basis in a clear and concise manner
- Lead complex audit delivery and apply experience, initiative and judgement to situations encountered in assurance delivery
- Coach and develop the audit team and wider members of the auditee teams in relation to financial risks and controls
- Input to the development and maintenance of the Audit and Controls Assurance Plan covering the financial risks
- Identify themes and insights arising from audit work to contribute to the wider understanding
- Support development within the Internal Audit function by driving continuous improvement in processes and the quality of outputs.
- Strong finance background or exposure required to have credibility when challenging the business
- Internal Audit specific training where their qualification is not in the area of audit / risk management
- Degree qualified plus postgraduate qualification in a relevant topic such as accounting, audit or another relevant technical discipline
- Analytical with attention to detail but ability to identify practical solutions
- Deep understanding of financial risks and associated controls
- Effective at communicating with senior stakeholders and in making pragmatic recommendations
- Robust and independent mindset with confidence to challenge the status quo
- Effective team leader, able to motivate, coach and develop individuals
- Strong written skills to concisely communicate outcomes and recommendations.
More searches like this
- Assurance Retail, Wholesale & FMCG £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Windsor
- Audit Consultant Retail, Wholesale & FMCG £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Windsor
- Internal Audit Senior Retail, Wholesale & FMCG £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Windsor
- Internal Audit Manager Retail, Wholesale & FMCG £70,000 - £79,999 jobs in Windsor