Senior Compliance Analyst
We’re BookingGo, the ground transport division of Booking.com. We’re the ones who empower people to get where they’re going. Whether they’re taking the wheel or sitting back and leaving it to the driver. Whether they’re heading straight from A to B or enjoying the freedom to go wherever their journey takes them.
To do that, we operate multiple brands:
Booking.com – We’re the transport arm of the world’s leading travel booking site.
Rentalcars.com – The world’s biggest online car rental service, putting customers behind the wheel at over 50,000 locations worldwide.
Rideways – Finding the best way for each customer to get from A to B. Connect – Bringing our tried-and-tested magic to our partners’ sites, delivering seamless travel experiences through brands our customers already know and love.
With our HQ in Manchester, we’re part of the worldwide Booking.com family. At the same time, we’re proud of our own unique identity. Speaking 42 languages, our 1,600+ staff come from all over the world, just like our customers. What brings us together is our love of adventure: our own as well as other people’s. It’s easy to be passionate about a job that enriches so many lives on a daily basis, and our workplace reflects our passion, our diversity, our global focus. Just search “Manchester’s coolest office” and see for yourself. And we’re in good company. Together with priceline.com, KAYAK, agoda.com, and OpenTable, we’re part of Booking Holdings, the world leader in online travel and related services.
As a Senior Compliance Analyst, you will be part of the Risk & Compliance team and you’ll will be responsible for supporting process owners throughout the business to design monitor, test, and maintain internal controls in line with our risk profile and to maintain the quality of our processes. You will work closely with stakeholders from all areas of the business.
- Partner with process owners by providing guidance and support in designing and implementing appropriate controls to strengthen the control environment, mitigate the company risks and support the business in achieving objectives.
- Develop and deliver training, tailored to audience at various levels and business function regarding impact of internal controls & compliance
- Assist in the monitoring and testing of controls across the organisation including but not limited to finance, customer services, engineering and regulated products (insurance).
- Identify control gaps, based on identified risks
- Assist with preparation for internal and external audits
- Support process owners and control performers in standardizing & improving process and controls documentation
- Support the business in ongoing compliance with SOX, GDPR, Insurance and other control areas
- Assist in the tracking of remediation actions resulting from internal and external audits
- Assist in compliance assignments or projects, such as GDPR and IDD, as required
- Assist with monitoring of insurance quality assurance scores and related feedback
- Assist the Head of Risk and Compliance with the line management of the Compliance Analysts to ensure delivery of Compliance Plan.
- Work with the rest of the security, risk & compliance team to improve and maintain the overall maturity level of information security and compliance in the BookingGo Group of companies.
- Minimum 2+ years of previous work experience in compliance, business analysis, auditing, corporate governance, risk management or internal control. (Experience in security, financial accounting or fraud investigation may also be considered for exceptional candidates).
- Experience of managing people is essential.
- Must be an intelligent, articulate and persuasive, who can communicate compliance related concepts both technical and non-technical staff.
- Process, problem solving and action oriented mind-set.
- Thorough understanding of internal controls (e.g. SOX) and experience in applying them in various business areas.
- Experience with finance processes and/or controls is a plus.
- Experience of working with regulated products like insurance is desirable
- Experience of software development practices is desirable
- Must have a good attention to detail, especially in the areas of control test execution
- Must have experience of creating and maintaining documentation in relation to compliance related activities
- High level of integrity, confidentiality & professionalism
- Must have a solid understanding of compliance and information technology frameworks.